Kingston 128GB SSDNow V Series $159.99 AR

weuntouchable

[H]ard|Gawd
That's a good deal! My kingston drive is the best drive I have owned. My intel 120gb is good also but it loses points for bsoding with the amd ahci drivers which my kingston drive didnt do. I won't touch a sandforce anymore after 2 gskill sandforce drives died in less than a week that I had them and one ocz vertex le was slower than my kingston drive but has double the speed or so it claimed (not in benchmark but real world results).

closer and closer to the $1/GB price point

I paid $135 or so for my 64gb kingston drive like 8 months ago and I don't regret it all. If I was buying a second ssd I would wait till $1gb but for the first one, I would just jump on a good deal. The performance is worth the cost.

I dunno, sounds like you're in denial. Everyone knew they were gonna drop big in price by year end, 8 months isn't long to wait at all. 'Specially if you're strapped for cash like most people are right now.

I dunno, sounds like you're in denial. Everyone knew they were gonna drop big in price by year end, 8 months isn't long to wait at all. 'Specially if you're strapped for cash like most people are right now.

In denial of what?

I wouldn't say 'most people' are strapped for cash? Seems to me a lot of people are spending money just fine this holiday season...

If he got his 64GB SSD 8 months ago for $135, that was a good deal. An A-Data 64GB is $99, but most are in the $115-$150 range. That's not a 'big' price drop to me.

In denial of what?
Payin' more.

I wouldn't say 'most people' are strapped for cash?
Sales are barely up over last year dude and last year wasn't good at all, unemployment has been high for over a year while wages have dropped. Maybe things are better in your country but for all practical intents and purposes the recession never ended here.

That's not a 'big' price drop to me.
Price per GB getting down to a buck and a quarter is suddenly no big thing eh?

Back