L4D BSOD

Brashen

Gawd
Hey guys,

Finished updating L4D went into a game and the PC BSODed on me. My system specs are in my sig. Anybody had similar troubles? Ran Prime95 for a couple of hrs and nothing was wrong. I have the latest drivers for Nvidia.

your the guy with cas 4 latencies right?

Christ I wish I had that rig Q_Q

Anyways, its more than certainly your OC. If you really want to put the screws to your system run orthos (set for custom "5GB" run) at the same time as the ATI tool artifact scanner. That gets your system at its maximum power draw, and maximum power output. The performance of your system will hit the dumpster until Vista angrily leaves half a dozen processes in the cold.

I don't think it's my oc because I've played a multitude of games on it and none of them have crashed or given me BSOD. Ran Crysis warhead ok for an hr straight and prime95 for a couple of hrs with no hiccups..... I've read multiple people having problems with L4D and so I'm looking for a solution.

I have been reading about lock ups and blue screens with L4D as well it sounds like a L4D update issue or Nvidia driver issue.

I figured out what may be causing this. I turned off multicore rendering in the video options and it seems to be doing fine. Tested it out on full graphics and works flawlessly.

yeah that problem was resolved with an update for me, but it never gave me a bsod.

But I unpluged my mic and it BSOD'd me last night.

Back