L4D: How to beat the boathouse finale in expert

Flow

Limp Gawd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSFhyRoXBHk&fmt=22
We have been trying to beat this map for many many times, untill we tryed out this glitch or whatever you can call it.
Simply stand on the rock and not a single zombie will be able to reach you and the tank dies 5 seconds after he spawns. Only thing you got to be aware of is the smokers. Thats why you got to do this with 2 people.. simply keep bashing when a smoker approaches.

There's a similar glitch in the No Mercy finale. Wich also prevents the zombies and tank from reaching you.

good luck ;)

yea i just saw someone do the rock thing last nite. though i dont recall the tank dying like you said so quickly?

however, i think im going to go head into l4d now :)

We just guarded the house really good. One guy manning the machine gun, and then another guy giving the machine gun guy cover, while the other two people ran around the house making sure no one is sneaking past the machine gun perimeter. They would also throw a couple cocktails to set up a nice "firewall" as well.

Yeah, just guard the room in the house real well. When a tank comes hit it with a molotov and run circles around the house while he burns out. Not really that hard with a good team, honestly.

Lmao... there is an easier one to stand on. Stand on the rock to the right of the boat dock and have 3 up front shooting. The tank can't get on the rock. Have 1 person sniping towards the house behind the 3 up front. The smoker spawns there everytime and you can snipe him before he is even close to you. Then when the boat comes just throw a pipe bomb and run to the dock without anyone dying. Trust me, it works.

I dont see that as a glitch, the players did nothing funny to get up there.

The devs wanted the game to have no exploits. Listen to the commentary. They wanted the zombies to be able to reach any place the survivors can.

I have yet to play on expert because I am stuck with single player right now, but I bet an exploit is really needed in that area, there is just no good place to hide.

lol its easy to kill survivors under the ramp. All you have to do is attack from the side of the ramp with the tank and they're done. People usually like to crouch and go all the way under the ramp, which is even better because then it is harder to leave. When the tank goes in on the side of the ramp, have boomer puke on them and have the hunters go in slashing. So while the tank is hammering them from the side, they have to split where they are shooting (shoot zombies coming under the ramp and the tank on the side of the ramp) or else they will die. Thats why no one hides under the ramp anymore. :D

Back