Lackluster score over the years?

velusip

[H]ard|Gawd
Just because I like points and all, this is interesting to me:

I've been folding ever since a friend told me about the project. Shortly after the clients became available some Pentium 3 machines went to work. That had to have been about, oh what, 6 years ago? I don't remember, but I do remember I was in highschool. :p Currently I only have about 230000 points according to the folding stats. There's always been at least one processor working away at it; and then about 4 years ago there have been at least two to four processors-- all modern for their respective time periods. Have I lost points somewhere? Did I get deducted? Or is this perfectly normal?

Now there was a period where I folded for a different username, but that shouldn't really be reflect much change as it was way back in the P3 days. In any case, all these points have always been for team33 as it was and still is my favorite hardware community. :D

I kind of wish I had recorded accurate data on my folding habits. Could have had some interesting data over the years-- power consumption, efficiency, total output, compare that to seasons, lots of different processors and clients... dang.

I hate to say it but that about right for the time you've been folding and what you've probably been folding on.
You can get your daily total score,etc from http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/csv/user_csv.php?u=*****
Just replace the *'s with your extremeoverclocking user id.

The big points at this moment are had from running an SMP client on an Intel dual/quad core CPU.
There is a 4-5 times points bonus on the work units.
Hence my ~17K PpD off 10 clients.

Luck ............... :D

I suppose several of these folding-nuts on these forums are using more than just one or two computers. These two of mine are always on and since the folding client is so unobtrusive there really is no need for it to stop.

Thanks for the tip Tigerbiten. Unfortunately I really have no need for an upgrade or any more cores-- I'll just remain as one of the casual folders, I suppose. XD

Nothing wrong with being a casual folder, Every little bit helps no matter how small the contrabution.

Fold as much as you can with what you can.

I wouldn't count 230,650 as casual folding on any team, it shows dedication and perseverance. Hell I count anyone making over 100,000 as a really valuable member of My team, fXck it anyone putting 100 PPD is worth respect give what you can and fold for the cures. :D

It takes everybody doing what they can to find the cure. :)

Your part of the TEAM no matter if you have only one box or a lab full of borgs.

I have a little over 300K in points (have be around this place for years) and currently have two AMD XP chips folding 24/7.
They only crank out about 80-105 PPD each. I do what I can, sure I would like to be in the million point range but thats not possible at this time.

Hopefully next month I can bring the other 2 XP's I have back online to up the production.
I would love to have the money to replace all 4 XPs with one new Core 2 Duo or Core 2 Quad, but I can't and thats OK. Because I know I'm doing what I can to help.

And you are doing the same, so be proud that your're trying to make a difference.

Remember... ( It's All Relic's Fault ) :eek:

i had to sell/trade my entire XP farm because it was using up too much power and getting little in return. right now i only have my pc at work, my main rig and my second main rig running 24/7 with an avg. of 2K~ ppd and i will not be adding more boxen until quad-core procs come down in price.

to the OP, P3's stopped being good producers many years ago (IMO) and it just gets worse as time goes on.

AthlonXP [email protected] gets about 68PPD on regular work units.
P4 [email protected] gets about 100PPD on regular work units.
PIII 800@800 would get about 32PPD on regular work units. (when I had it on F@H)
C2D [email protected] gets around 2150PPD on the 1760 point WUs.

The PIII is the only system I don't have on F@H right now. I decided to stick the Linux WCG client on it and see how it did for that and it works good.

I would have nowhere near the points I do now if it wasn't for the C2D and the SMP Linux client and I've been folding since the G@H project ended. I built the C2D back at the end of December and I've been running the SMP Linux client on it since around the end of January or February I think. You can see my points spike up really high since I added this machine.

The amount of points you turn in doesn't matter in the big picture. The fact that you are folding is what matters. I've had anywhere from 1 to 8 machines folding for me at different points in time. Right now I only have 3. Every little bit helps.

Even if I didn't have the C2D cranking out points like they're going out of style, I'd still be folding on whatever I had. Not everyone can be a "corp farmer" like FLECOM and not everyone can have their own home grown farm. However, anyone with a computer and an internet connection can fold and contribute. You have folded for a long time and you have continued to fold. That is what matters.

Back