Laptop/tablets for kid's

Hotthree

Limp Gawd
Use: Kid's between the ages of 4-10. They will be using for homework, games, and programs that would be available in a learning environment.

Want: An affordable laptop/tablet for each classroom. $500-$600 limit.

Currently we are looking at Chromebooks and Nextbook tablet. Does anyone have experience with these? Would these be viable choices for what we are looking for?

Thanks in advance for the help!

You should also consider refurbished laptops and tables, many of which come with the same one-year (or longer) warranties that new items have. (For Dell laptops, you should consider using Dell Outlet.)

Hard to beat the durability of a Thinkpad if you're buying something off lease anyway. I'd prefer that to a Dell anyday.

I just bought my 4 year old a Kindle Fire HD + that kid mode (FreeTime) and he loves it.

You should check out Nabi, its a tablet deigned for kids, comes loades with all kinds of software. It runs on android ics, its specs are great, and its drop proof. It's less than $200. Bought one for my 4yo daughter for Christmas and she loves it, and trust me when i say its drop proof. The only real downside, i guess, is that you can't use Google Play store, but you can get Amazon App Market onto it fairly easily.

Hard to beat the durability of a Thinkpad if you're buying something off lease anyway. I'd prefer that to a Dell anyday.

my wife drops her thinkpad every day.

finally the grille around the vent is starting to crumble. I have a new magnesium chassis and upper palmrest on my desk for a swap though ($30 in parts).

I bought my 5-year old a tablet and after several weeks he was already complaining that his tablet won't open and the LCD is already cracked. Good thing I gave him one of these generic tablets which cost less than $100. Now he is using an HP netbook and it's been with him for a year now.

Back