Legacy Glass L-Desk $80.00/Shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldy

[H]ard|Gawd
I have that desk. It was $65AR at staples about a year and a half ago. The glass is nice and thick.

Not bad even at $99, I have one I paid the $150ish for and it's pretty nice. No drawers or storage, but plenty of surface area and it's fairly sturdy - I have my old 17" CRT on the corner piece.

This one also comes with filing cabinent type thing, if you click the image you will see what I am talking about. Also you can get this down even cheaper if you buy the ink cartridge coupons on ebay you can stack 3 of them @ $3 each you can get this desk for about $71.00 Shipped.

Seems like only the black one comes with the filing cabinent type thing

s0048879_enl.jpg

Mine came with that too, it's actually fairly small (like maybe 10"x10"x14"), designed for holding those um...hanging file folders I guess you'd call them. It's just sitting in my closet, but I guess it's not bad if you have some folders or paperwork you want to store and no filing cabinet.

might be nice for someone on a budget, looks cheapy to me

Techx said:

It's not, I can't count how many times I've dropped computer parts on the glass shelving and have only minor blemishes. For the money, it's an absolutely wonderful desk.

Techx said:

o get out of here you thread crapper, its made of steel if you read the description and $150.00 retail is not that cheap

I've had this desk for a year and a half now and I love it. I paid full retail when I bought it but it's clean, it doesn't "appear" to take up as much space so it's nice for the tiny room it's in and it just looks kinda sexy. hehe.

Must...resist. Silver version also comes with the filing bin btw.

Is the keyboard slider movable to the other end piece? And how wide is it? I have an MS Ergonomic 4000 keyboard (which is HUGE), and an MX1000, so I tend to need a lot of space
Looks like it would be really good for a dual monitor setup, and the desk I currently have is on its last legs (its been picked up and moved a good 4 times now, and each time a peg here and there always seems to get broken.

*Edit: I bit anyway. I love impulse buys.

1 day left guys don't miss out if you need a good desk with lots of room!

itschop said:
o get out of here you thread crapper, its made of steel if you read the description and $150.00 retail is not that cheap

Excuse me? It was an honest opinion and has nothing to do with thread crapping, even if it is made solidly, to me it just looks cheap and I don't like that particular style, I think it's probably because the supports just appear to be very thin. I've seen other desks in staples/office max that are also $150 or more and ARE cheap, made of crappy particle board that gets easily damaged so it is certainly possible to have something of poor quality still be $150 or over.. Sorry if you don't like my opinion but being on a public forum you're going to have to get used to it..

Techx said:
Excuse me? It was an honest opinion and has nothing to do with thread crapping, even if it is made solidly, to me it just looks cheap and I don't like that particular style, I think it's probably because the supports just appear to be very thin. I've seen other desks in staples/office max that are also $150 or more and ARE cheap, made of crappy particle board that gets easily damaged so it is certainly possible to have something of poor quality still be $150 or over.. Sorry if you don't like my opinion but being on a public forum you're going to have to get used to it..

Thanks for your opinion, now get lost.

Techx said:

First hand owner of one here. It's not low quality. Actually, it's very sturdy and with it being a glass top, it tends to resist wear and tear you get from a wood desk top. I did though buy a new desk from Staples a couple of weeks ago...I wanted more room and didn't like having a glass top that was a bitch to keep clean. But anyways, it may not be your particular style, but this desk is strong and sturdy...and a side benifit..it's light and easy to move once you lift the glass off.

Techx said:

Your opinion isn't valid if you've never owned the desk.

^^ $20 off $100 coupon, act fast before someone uses it!! Its one time use!!

beauty is in the eye of the beholder so lets all keep the discussion in this thread to the Deal itself :)

--KK

Thanks for posting the deal.. I might pick this up after work. =)

But, quality vs. price, this is a hot deal. I've been to staples and checked it out. Its definetly worth the price and pretty sturdy. Some people just don't understand the concept of bargain hunting. Sometimes you just can't get a 3lb piece of gold for $50.

itschop said:

^^ $20 off $100 coupon, act fast before someone uses it!! Its one time use!!
Thanks for posting that. I didn't use it but it was a nice thing to do.

As others have said, in spite of the looks the desk is quite sturdy. The metal parts are mostly tubular (or rectangular) steel and the top is thick tempered glass. You CAN put the keyboard tray on either side, that was something I was concerned about as well.

Elec said:
You CAN put the keyboard tray on either side, that was something I was concerned about as well.

Excellent, thanks. Can you give me an estimate of how wide the keyboard tray is? My keyboard and mousepad next to each other combined are a good 30" wide, and I know most keyboard trays don't tend to be that wide.

Oooska said:
Excellent, thanks. Can you give me an estimate of how wide the keyboard tray is? My keyboard and mousepad next to each other combined are a good 30" wide, and I know most keyboard trays don't tend to be that wide.
You're in luck. I have a tape measure right in front of me. :p The keyboard tray is 25 3/8" wide, 26" wide if you include the overhang pieces where it slides.

That was my one complaint about the desk. I have a large mouse pad turned sideways and the tray isn't large enough for both without some overlap. 28" wide would have been perfect.

Yep, same issue here, and the tray has holes in it so it'll fubar an optical mouse if you don't use some sort of pad. DOH!

will a laser optical mouse track on the glass?
also, anyone have an extra coupon they wanna pm me? thanks :p

killa62 said:
will a laser optical mouse track on the glass?
also, anyone have an extra coupon they wanna pm me? thanks :p

No and No, sorry.

itschop said:
Also you can get this down even cheaper if you buy the ink cartridge coupons on ebay you can stack 3 of them @ $3 each you can get this desk for about $71.00 Shipped.

As far as I know, you cannot stack the ink coupons. I don't remember if it explicitly says so on the coupons, but no staples store has yet to let me stack the coupons.

Hmm, I wonder if the frosted glass (on the silver) would be a better optical mouse surface than the clear glass on the black table.

Anyways, it seems like a pretty good deal. Since it's back to school time, they might discount it further in the next few week. If that happens, whomever purchased it within 30 days of the new price should be able to get a price adjustment.

Here is my $40 desk from Staples, and I 've had it for years. Works great.
395572_std.jpg
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back