LEGO® Marvel's Avengers™

Damar

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone else hooked on these games and pick this one up yet for any system?

I never did play the LEGO® Marvel Superhero's™ game so some of the interactions in this one are throwing me a bit compared to the old Star Wars ones I played, plus how they laid out the story missions and hub area. Some of it just isn't very intuitive, or maybe its just my mind showing its age.

Its nothing new really, but some of the cut scenes being redone in LEGO form with the added touches of silly are extremely well done. (Some of the Helicarrier scenes from the first Avengers movie actually made me laugh out loud).

It will be months and months before I unlock everything, but as a game I can pick up and mess with off and on in small bursts (or hours at a time), its a heck of a lot of fun, even at my age. :D

My oldest son used to play Lego Star Wars when he was younger, and it was easy to navigate around. I've noticed in more recent games like Batman and Marvel Heroes that it's a lot easier to get lost. My youngest son plays the Lego games now and it frustrates me when he calls on me for help when he's already in the middle of something and it makes it harder to figure out where you're supposed to go. I like the more linear style of the Star Wars games.

From what I've read online Lego Marvel's Avengers is more linear and straight forward than the last several Lego games.

I've heard there are a lot of cool Agents of SHIELD references throughout. :)

I want to grab this for the XBO.

It's odd in that you start out in the battle at the beginning of AOU, then you do flashbacks to fights from Captain America and Avengers.....

They basically took the whole thing and remixed it a little, which is sort of good and bad to me.

New York is a huuuuuge map with tons of blips on the radar, but atm it doesn't seem that the first time they dump you into it that its a free mode map, so you cant change characters on it. Annoying to say the least.

Its a lot more complex in design than how Star Wars Complete Saga is that's for sure, but some of the jokes are stellar. :p

EDIT - Check out all the blips on the map.... :eek:

LEGOMarvel_Avengers_DX11_2016_01_29_18_21_26_13.jpg

Finally figured out free play mode for Manhattan too. Good thing there are flying characters or it would take forever to get around.

Last edited:
Back