Lian Li PC-A05B Removable HD Bay

weaksauce

n00b
This was an admittedly minor modification, but I had some time on my hands so I thought I'd post some pics. I removed the HD Bay initially in an attempt to increase air flow through the case; I only have one HDD currently and it's suspended using rubber just beneath the optical drive.

Difficulty: Low
Cost: Roughly $15 (could be done cheaper I'm sure)
Time: 1 hour (including trip to hardware store)
Tools: Dremel tool or electric screwdriver (with a drill bit that is the same diameter as the thickest piece of hardware you're using), The hardware I used to create the fastener system is in a picture below. I'd also recommend wearing protective goggles, as the dremel definitely sends little shards of aluminum everywhere.

Here's the pics:

hardware.jpg

installed_hardware2.jpg

font_holes.jpg

removed_inside.jpg

knobs.jpg

installed_front.jpg

installed_inside.jpg

Sweet looking mod, looks professional. Had to do a double take to realize that wasn't part of the original case's design.

Definitely should have been in the original design by LianLi... Maybe the A07 (Remake of A05? Lawl) will have more features like this... double x 120 blow-hole on the top, removable HD cage... charge $10-20 more and I'd buy it to replace my A05 :D

Sweet looking mod, looks professional. Had to do a double take to realize that wasn't part of the original case's design.

Thanks for the kind words; I was pleased with it too :D

Definitely should have been in the original design by LianLi... Maybe the A07 (Remake of A05? Lawl) will have more features like this... double x 120 blow-hole on the top, removable HD cage... charge $10-20 more and I'd buy it to replace my A05 :D

I totally agree - especially about the blowhole on the top - I can't believe they could have tested it's thermal performance at all and then decided that airflow was 'okay' in the video card area of the case!

hey weaksauce just curious what font is that yellow text you have in the pictures?
oh and also great job on the mod, i am bookmarking this. i ordered the A05b last friday and its being delivered tomorrow, cant wait.

hey weaksauce just curious what font is that yellow text you have in the pictures?
oh and also great job on the mod, i am bookmarking this. i ordered the A05b last friday and its being delivered tomorrow, cant wait.

If I remember correctly the font is a derivation of Myriad Pro, specifically Bold Condensed

Thanks again for the kind words, fellas :p

thanks for the new font weaksauce. hehe first time i can ever remember liking a font so much i actually hunted it down.

Back