life with playstation

snaggletooth

Supreme [H]ardness
so i went to fire up folding@home this morning and was notified that the program had been changed to 'life with playstation'.

if you haven't read the day's current news yet, the new format of 'life with playstation' looks to be somewhat useful.

is there anything else going on with the new front end that i'm missing?

128MB for an rss feed doesn't seem right.

well there is the somewhat-valuable news from large city centers option... if you don't already have an rss feed setup with a different browser.

it still folds, so it's there's some more usefulness too, but that's as far as it goes.

first i've heard of live cam shots too. heh, that could be a little dangerous if timed correctly with a good number of folks.

So, basically it just gives you more things to tinker with while your PS3 is folding... along with a few more options and a cleaner interface. In the live channel it shows weather around the world, and news highlights for the US (I'm in the US, so I'm not sure if news is related to which country/region you're from) Overall it’s not a totally useless update.

I'm not sure if this was in previous versions, but "Automatic Shut-Down" is a nice feature. Along with compiling your music play list instead of just setting it to a certain mood.

It's useless indeed. It's too bad this requires folding at home to be installed, as I have zero use for that application taking up space on my already full hard drive (stupid mandatory installs).

Wii called, they want their app back.

Some of us here have been folding before PS3, Team 33 :)

Folding for [H]

... it'ts not for everyone.

Still don't know what folding @ home is for, time to google...

It's useless indeed. It's too bad this requires folding at home to be installed, as I have zero use for that application taking up space on my already full hard drive (stupid mandatory installs).

Wii called, they want their app back.

Your becoming rather predictable with anything PS3 related.....

Just sell the fuckin thing if everything on it is so bad :rolleyes: Oh and the Wii weather/news channels (note plural) is nothing like this, the Wii version is like its castrated little brother.

EDIT - I'd like to point out I've used it once and will rarely ever again but moaning about a free update is rather pointless don't you think?

Your becoming rather predictable with anything PS3 related.....

Just sell the fuckin thing if everything on it is so bad :rolleyes: Oh and the Wii weather/news channels (note plural) is nothing like this, the Wii version is like its castrated little brother.

EDIT - I'd like to point out I've used it once and will rarely ever again but moaning about a free update is rather pointless don't you think?

Is that any different than you being predictable about slob jobbing all over the PS3?

Don't like my comments, don't read them.

Of course it's not the exact same as the Wii....Sony had to add more features so as not to copycat them TOO much.

i like to think i'm helping researchers find a cure whenever i turn on folding@home, or 'life with playstation' as it's now called. you'll understand someday how helpless you can feel when someone close to you suffers from an uncurable affliction.

there's definitely room on my 40gb ps3 for this app and i would delete a game before i deleted life with playstation. it makes me feel like i'm doing something to help my mom.

team 33 for the win.

i like to think i'm helping researchers find a cure whenever i turn on folding@home, or 'life with playstation' as it's now called. you'll understand someday how helpless you can feel when someone close to you suffers from an uncurable affliction.

Ssshhhh, you can't possibly write anything positive about the PS3 around here! Your 'slob jobbing' if you do, free app or not :rolleyes:

Is that any different than you being predictable about slob jobbing all over the PS3?

Don't like my comments, don't read them.

Of course it's not the exact same as the Wii....Sony had to add more features so as not to copycat them TOO much.

Hahahaha and you pay them to "copycat" and not make any useful app's!!! Goodjob!!

Your part of the reason companies do it, because you pay them to do it :)

there's definitely room on my 40gb ps3 for this app and i would delete a game before i deleted life with playstation. it makes me feel like i'm doing something to help my mom.

team 33 for the win.

Which is why I have spent the past 20 years volunteering at Hospice care, am a member of the cancer research foundation, and helped my grandma through her cancer last year before she passed away.

Sad that you had to go there.

Ssshhhh, you can't possibly write anything positive about the PS3 around here! Your 'slob jobbing' if you do, free app or not :rolleyes:

Ssshhh..you can't POSSIBLY say anything negative about a console you own if it doesn't agree with someone else. Your "mocking" if you do, silly or not.

that's awesome you do all that but there's no need for the dig.

it's sad that you had to come here.

Which is why I have spent the past 20 years volunteering at Hospice care, am a member of the cancer research foundation, and helped my grandma through her cancer last year before she passed away.

Sad that you had to go there.

That is great for you and all, however this is the internet and no one cares.

I surely don't mind having extra feature for my ps3. Think of it as Sony (or Standfard) thank you for folding proteins, it can also attract new comers.

Oh for sure. Extra options are good. While it doesn't interest me, it maybe be very beneficial for others...especially considering the price. FREE.

Back