lights!

(cf)Eclipse

Freelance Overclocker
check out what i got in today :)

lights.jpg

by far, the most sexy ram i've ever seen. i'll post screenshots as i get em ;)

they just blink chaoticly at a varying rate, dependant upon how much the ram is being accessed... so if the computer hangs, the lights stop. hahaha

Are there lights at the bottom too or is it just the leds? That looks pretty ccol:cool: .......

I havent seen too many pc8500 results, so far they seem to clock very high at low vdimm but Im very curious how these perform with high voltage....... Are you gonna do some test at 2.6v +?

Are there lights at the bottom too or is it just the leds? That looks pretty ccol:cool: .......

I havent seen too many pc8500 results, so far they seem to clock very high at low vdimm but Im very curious how these perform with high voltage....... Are you gonna do some test at 2.6v +?
there are 8 blue-white LEDs on the bottom each stick, 4 per side. they are always on, steady brightness. the red and green LEDs on top blink :D

whats that smart gaurdian tool to monitor chipset temps?
it's a DFI program... quite handy if i may say so myself ;)

some more results... got 32m stable at 618mhz, 2.1v set in the bios still. i promise i'll get to lower timings and higher voltages soon, just wanna max out 5-5-4 ;)

32M-618.1@5-5-4.png

Looks cool and good performance.... cant beat that......

Nice homemade mounting you have for your waterblock btw...... Mine is homemade too, still using an old swiffy mcx5000 block lol.....

DAMMIT! RAM prices have fallen thru the floor. I paid 240 after rebate for my ballistix PC6400 non tracers at the end of January! Nice job so far eclipse, that's some hot looking stuff.

that ram looks great, i am getting ready to get that same kit for my E6600.

I was sort of hoping you were gonna have a C2D so i could see what type of performance you got out of it.

What are you running for cooling on your E6600 that you have on air? Are you running any type of cooling on your north and south bridges?

that ram looks great, i am getting ready to get that same kit for my E6600.

I was sort of hoping you were gonna have a C2D so i could see what type of performance you got out of it.

i have a 975x board, but i'm lacking the funds to get the conroe i need to fire it up :p

edit... 2.2v!

32m-634.1@5-5-4.png

gonna do 2.29v now and then move onto 4-4-3 ;)

634Mhz! That's pretty darn good. I'd imagine they're going to start getting pretty hot soon; 'you going to move onto active cooling?

Are they using D9GMH modules?

I never test without a fan :D
and yes, they're D9GMH. though i know someone with the same kit that has GKX. i suspect crucial puts in what works, since it's a pretty tight bin ;)

Here's what it looks like this very second:

DSCF6457.jpg

DSCF6463.jpg

DSCF6470.jpg

DSCF6486.jpg

in case you were wondering, 533mhz at 1.85v was getting close to "hot to the touch" (47-49c by thermal gun) after a couple loops of memtest test5 without a fan ;)

I never test without a fan :D
and yes, they're D9GMH. though i know someone with the same kit that has GKX. i suspect crucial puts in what works, since it's a pretty tight bin ;)
How did you figure this out without removing the HS?

i did remove the heatspreader. just one of them, since it wasn't applied very well when i got it, it was too easy to just peel it back a smidge. :p

you poser! i like i like. might have to rig some led's everywhere

mmmm, insulation! looks so.. messy :p
nice though, much simpler and easier than what i did. hahaha

DAMMIT! RAM prices have fallen thru the floor. I paid 240 after rebate for my ballistix PC6400 non tracers at the end of January! Nice job so far eclipse, that's some hot looking stuff.

Same here...it's freaking great ram though.

mmmm, insulation! looks so.. messy :p

And its getting messier lol...... This is how she looks right now, getting ready for my next bench session...... Do you think dry ice on the ballistix will help? I think its time these boys get a taste of 3v+ ......
nbpot.JPG

Thanks.... Im planning on using dice near the end so condensation shouldnt be a factor, I hope as long as its frozen it will be ok..... I have 4 sticks and I know 1 has 700 in it...... Ill stop crapping at your thread now lol.....

heatspreaders work pretty well actually, provided there is a bit of airflow over it ;)
i gotta work on writing something up, and i'll get back to benching. these chips definitely seem to like 5-5-4 more than 4-4-3 though.. you'll see when i post some more screenshots :D

completely stock drive strengths and subtimings. just set to 4-4-4-7 and 2.29v and off i went. expect something a bit better at the same voltage to prove why taking the time to tune your ram is so important :D

1m-579@4-4-4.png

Back