Live Blogging Microsoft's Mystery Event

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you wanting real-time updates, C|Net is live blogging Microsoft's mystery event in Los Angeles. The event should be kicking off any time now, so keep checking back often. Are we taking bets on what is being announced today?

Microsoft is holding an event in Los Angeles right now to reveal...something. The smart money is on a tablet, but last-minute rumors point to an Xbox Surface table, and Microsoft hasn't said a word.

I hope it's bees.

oprahs-bees.gif

That floppy cloth-like keyboard looks like it'll last about 2 weeks. Though it's an interesting idea I doubt it'll be that good.

It also seems a bit too wide imo

Powered by a core i5 Ivy Bridge.. can't be cheap I wonder if they are going to price themselves out of the market

Powered by a core i5 Ivy Bridge.. can't be cheap I wonder if they are going to price themselves out of the market

Probably...I went to a Microsoft office down here when they pitched the voip stuff with communication server with their $1500 office phones.

This actually looks as if it will be a tablet that could replace a laptop. It would be awesome to have a tablet that doubles as a PC as necessary.

We'll see what the price is

I am gonna definitely pick up a windows 8 tablet, if this is priced right, this will be the one. I bet microsoft undercuts apple on this one.

Plus whats up with all the hate. I guarantee by 2014 microsoft will have one major share of tablet space. Just keep in mind these will be priced all the was from cheap to almost a grand. So everyone will have their share of the pie.

I am not a big fan of metro on desktop but it does make one hell of a tablet OS.

DO NOT try to watch the CNET thing.

1. It just reminds me of why I dislike all Tech television stuff (yes this includes g4) Its just annoying and terrible, like horrible talk radio about technology.

2. I was using Dolphin HD, trying to read the page (which is first post on the bottom) while letting the stream talk to me and it crashed my phone. Like 100% reboot crashed. Actually this is a pluse, it saved me for actually listening to them.

It's got an i5 ULV IB chip in it. It's not going to undercut an iPad when the CPU alone costs as much as the production receipt for the iPad. It's meant as a hybrid Ultrabook/tablet thing from what I can gather.

What I don't get is how the ARM one plays into this? or is that just win RT running on ARM?

Woo. Another day. Another tablet...

Not like these pair of tablets. There's some very good stuff. Cover keyboards, integrated stand, ARM and high end mobile Intel CPUs digital magnetized pen, magnesium body. There's nothing on the market right now that touches these things.

If the prices are good, I think we now have not only an iPad but MackBook Air killer. And by killer I simply mean these devices look to be the first real competition the iPad has seen.

That thing definitely has the potential to take a bite out of Apple's market share.

no hardware specs or price talk is the only thing I took away from all of this.

It's got an i5 ULV IB chip in it. It's not going to undercut an iPad when the CPU alone costs as much as the production receipt for the iPad. It's meant as a hybrid Ultrabook/tablet thing from what I can gather.

What I don't get is how the ARM one plays into this? or is that just win RT running on ARM?

But this device especially with those keyboard covers is really an ultrabook and compares better to the MacBook Air.

no hardware specs or price talk is the only thing I took away from all of this.

Pro coming in 64GB and 128GB models, will be priced on par with Ultrabook-class PCs.
Tweet.

Surface for WIndows RT coming in 32GB and 64GB models. Priced "like comparable tablets based on ARM.

I guarantee by 2014 microsoft will have one major share of tablet space.

...what's left of the tablet space that remains after Apple's next big thing swallows it. You know, like the Zune took over the iPod market share, and the Windows Phone took over the iPhone market share.

I'm on my Mac right now (Sorry, please don't ban me!), so I can only see the link on Chrome when I inspect the page. After the video stopping on me a few times, it presented me with the following link to the video source: http://content5.catalog.video.msn.com/e2/ds/97b89251-f621-4eda-817d-eec7b4af2d14.mp4

The video is pretty dull, and seems to focus on the VaporMg case. Oh, and you see Windows 8 (RT?) out of focus for about a quarter second. I really don't understand what Microsoft is doing with its marketing, the music and very are abstract and don't explain anything. This was a poor product announcement IMHO. Definitely need more information.

I guess Microsoft did not learn their lesson from the ass kicking Apple gave the Zune. Oh well, RIP unnamed tablet.

Day 1 buy for me.

I just have to decide between the ARM or Intel version. Beyond that, I want this fucking tablet.

Where are my function keys!?!? I'm sorry, but I won't let go of F1-F12 just yet, I use them way too much. If Microsoft gets rid of those, they get a solid FU from me!:mad:

Back