Local selling 8TB Drobo for super cheap price..anything I need to be concerned with?

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
Hi!
He is selling me a 8TB for $200 which I think is really good so I am afraid of maybe something not being right?
What you think?

Yeah, you could ebay it for more than that easily. Assuming it's working. Even if the drobo is dead if the HD's work it's still potentially a good deal.

Yep all 4 are there 2TB. I am thinking on having him run the WD tools for a quick Smart test or something.

If you're buying it off CL, I'd be more concerned with him showing up and taking your money for the Drobo, and leaving you with nothing. Be sure to do this in a public area, and maybe take a laptop or do it at a library, and run diags on the device to make sure it is 100% working. (All the ports, the drive bays, etc).

Its the old addage, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. On ebay, used models start at 700 dollars USD.

LOL I did not pick it up. Bad weather. If he still has it and wants to meet in a very public space then I will go today.

I'd get it just for the drives! Can the drobo use the drives in a proper NAS box!

Back