Logitech G9 gaming Laser Mouse $49.95 AR + Free shipping

conchimdada

Limp Gawd
Amazon has Logitech G9 laser gaming mouse for $75 - $25 rebate = $50 with free shipping.

Tax: WA,ND,KS, KY, NY states only

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a steal for the mouse that I've been using for almost a year and have been loving it every day (although dreading the fact that I paid almost $90 back then :p)

Just a note to users of light weighing mice, it took me a while to get used to it because unlike my Razor Diamondback that I grew accustomed to, the G9 even with all of its optional weights removed, is pretty heavy.

Also a note to Ventrilo/Team Speak push-to-talk users- mouse3 (middle scroller) is a pain in the ass to press down, but you can bind both the left and right side of the scroller to fix that little issue. ;)

I picked up this mouse last year on Amazon for a similar deal and love it. Wish they would release more grips, though. :(

I'd wait a bit on this one. The G9x should be hitting retail shelves soon and when that happens, there will probably be a price drop again on the original G9, or at least it'll drop to $50 without the rebate hassle.

The G9x will be unneeded for the vast majority of gamers. The G9 is a fantastic mouse but IMO if it needs anything, it's not more DPI. The 4000dpi on my old Lachesis was way more than I cared for, so suffice it to say I won't be upgrading to the G9x unless it has some more tricks up its sleeve. But I'm sure there are people who can't get enough DPI, and in that case, kudos to Logitech for making a marketable product. I just hope they continue to improve their products in other ways and develop innovative, useful features rather than simply getting caught up in the DPI wars. More strategically-placed buttons I might be able to use...more DPI I cannot. At least not until I'm running a 5120x3200 desktop :p

The big thing about the upgraded tracking engine is that it can compensate for 30G of acceleration, whereas the old one is rated for only up to 20G. The DPI increase was more or less just a windfall of an overall stronger tracking engine.

Anyway, the point of mentioning the new mouse is because new model = price drop on the old model, which is already happening. I would expect that as the G9x becomes more widely available that the G9 will drop even further (or at least be $50 without a rebate).

A few places do seem to have it listed like Eldest_One mentioned; some are pre-listing but others actually have it in stock, so we should see original G9s start dropping all over. I would guess that the really good deals will come once the G9x is actually available on Logitech's site itself instead of just that "Notify Me!" button and the MSRP listed on Logitech's site for the G9 is no longer $99.99.

The big thing about the upgraded tracking engine is that it can compensate for 30G of acceleration, whereas the old one is rated for only up to 20G. The DPI increase was more or less just a windfall of an overall stronger tracking engine.

Anyway, the point of mentioning the new mouse is because new model = price drop on the old model, which is already happening. I would expect that as the G9x becomes more widely available that the G9 will drop even further (or at least be $50 without a rebate).

Yeah, I know...and it was a valid point. A new and improved G9 revision should indeed drive down the price of the original (whether I deem it a worthy upgrade or not). :p The G9 is one of the best gaming mice available, and for $50 it's a great mouse. If/when it hits the sub-$40 street price range it'll be a steal!

I wonder if there's any way to change the mouse's LED color without installing SetPoint?

I wonder if there's any way to change the mouse's LED color without installing SetPoint?

Ooh if only. :( If you're talking about the old G9 then no, there isn't. Well, technically you can. You have to install SetPoint first, set up various profiles (with whatever colors you want), then commit them to the mouse's onboard memory. You can uninstall SetPoint then. The mouse can switch between profiles stored internally without SetPoint.

Actually I like some features in SetPoint like application profile switching. It's a shame that it just doesn't work with Vista64.

I'm waiting for someone to get the G9x and see if the scroll wheel button still takes the weight a small elephant to press down. I'd actually get the G9x if they improved that. It would make the best mouse I've ever owned into the nearly perfect mouse for me.

Ooh if only. :( If you're talking about the old G9 then no, there isn't. Well, technically you can. You have to install SetPoint first, set up various profiles (with whatever colors you want), then commit them to the mouse's onboard memory. You can uninstall SetPoint then. The mouse can switch between profiles stored internally without SetPoint.

Actually I like some features in SetPoint like application profile switching. It's a shame that it just doesn't work with Vista64.

I'm waiting for someone to get the G9x and see if the scroll wheel button still takes the weight a small elephant to press down. I'd actually get the G9x if they improved that. It would make the best mouse I've ever owned into the nearly perfect mouse for me.

Yep, SetPoint is decent software with useful features, but I too run Vista 64. And I really wish they would release it in a portable format, because I hate having unnecessary software installed. Not only that, but I have an MX 518, MX 1100, LX8, VX Revolution, G5 and G9 and for some reason Logitech deems it necessary to have a different version of SP just for the G9.

And I'm glad to see I'm not alone regarding the mmb. :) That was one of my complaints with the original G5 also. Thankfully they fixed it with the G5 rev.2, and it would be great if they would do the same for the updated G9. In fact, the mmb is enough of a pain that I switch to another mouse altogether if I'm going to be playing a game in which I have to use the mmb a lot.

there's a refresah model out with higher DPI. this classic version ive been using for a few months and got it for $55 shipped no rebate from compusa.com (tiger direct)

it's worth even full MSRP, best mouse ive ever had my hands on and ive tried or held most of em

Back