Logitech gaming software v8: assign minimize

ilkhan

[H]F Junkie
My workflow on my G700 has involved assigning one of the buttons to the minimize function for a long ass time. I love use, use it all the time, etc.
I updated my gaming software for the keyboard (G15) tonight and it decided to take over for the mouse too. OK, fine. One less piece of software.

But theres no way to assign minimize to any of the mouse buttons.
Anybody know a way around this? Google isn't being very helpful, since its not very version specific.

Click on the arrow for the mouse button you want to assign, then edit. Got to Hotkeys.

gwklGWr.jpg

That list of functions?

The real answer is LGS is (currently) a piece of shit for mice (mice support was clearly tacked on).

Setpoint has a far richer feature set, and the reason they are shoving LGS down our throats is because some higher up decided it was the best decision for $$$ (maybe it was someones pet project). Clearly no one who actually used this software daily weighed in on it because the Logitech forums are rife with discontent.

As for your particular situation I think you're in luck, because you could just assign the mouse button to use the keystroke windows key + down arrow.

Hopefully soon LGS will get some of setpoints features back (such as the ability to assign mouse sensitivity... FFS, what piece of mouse software cant assign sensitivity!?) but for right now people are using older setpoint or just dealing with all the bugs / lack of features.

Found this out the hard way when I upgraded to the G700s

I grabbed autohotkey and made a s shortcut for minimize and assigned it that keystroke, but its not perfect. :shrug:

What version are you using? I have 8.45. I can also have multiple sensitivies on my G700.

b7z2Tra.jpg

Do you think its related to using on mouse memory VS having that program running 24/7? I dont have any of those options you do and I'm on the same version. I know I only use the memory on the mouse.

The real answer is LGS is (currently) a piece of shit for mice (mice support was clearly tacked on).

Setpoint has a far richer feature set, and the reason they are shoving LGS down our throats is because some higher up decided it was the best decision for $$$ (maybe it was someones pet project). Clearly no one who actually used this software daily weighed in on it because the Logitech forums are rife with discontent.

As for your particular situation I think you're in luck, because you could just assign the mouse button to use the keystroke windows key + down arrow.

Hopefully soon LGS will get some of setpoints features back (such as the ability to assign mouse sensitivity... FFS, what piece of mouse software cant assign sensitivity!?) but for right now people are using older setpoint or just dealing with all the bugs / lack of features.

Maybe you should update your version, cuz I personally love'd the LGS app instead of the crappy old setpoint.

I switched mice so I don't have the software on here now, but I know I had the option to set DPI, plus DPI up and down buttons, as well as a DPI shift button for a 2nd DPI setting.

I was very happy with the software change.

QFT. LGS totally broke my G700's functionality and it is a well documented problem on Logitech's forums with no response for months. I had to roll back to a SetPoint that I found on a random FTP site to get it to work, which is shameful. Also, as mentioned above, even if LGS's show-stopping bugs were fixed, it still has much less functionality than SetPoint itself.

Maybe you should update your version, cuz I personally love'd the LGS app instead of the crappy old setpoint.

I switched mice so I don't have the software on here now, but I know I had the option to set DPI, plus DPI up and down buttons, as well as a DPI shift button for a 2nd DPI setting.

The old setpoint may have been old and too bloated (why do they need 60MB for a mouse driver?) but it worked a lot better and had more features.

Of course I have the latest version of LGS. After months of people complaining about 8.40 and the lack of proper mouse support they released 8.45 and everyone was thinking FINALLY... until they installed it and discovered that all the fixes made were for freekin keyboards.

DPI != mouse sensitivity. In the old setpoint you could assign a sensitivity level per DPI setting. This was useful for older or poorly developed FPS games that do not have a "raw mouse input" checkbox because they usually required a different sensitivity setting in order to use a high DPI.

The worst bug I currently have in LGS is every time I start it my DPI levels get reset to defaults (it keeps all other settings).

I know this thread is absolutely ancient but it's (unsurprisingly) still a problem with the LGS and I have a solution that works really well in case anyone else finds this thread in the future.

I'm use to using the logitech options software with my MX Master at my office but at home, the G900 gives me no minimize window joy so what I did was basically assign a macro function to my side button to minimize my window. The win+down arrow doesn't cut it. It doesn't minimize a full screen window. You have to hit it twice. This sucks so I set a macro in the Logitech software to just hit the down arrow twice.

I think (not 100% sure) that you have to have some sort of delay in there between the down arrow keystrokes and you have to remove the win key release so that it looks like this.

BD561uM.png

Again, sorry for digging this thread up from the grave but it's still a top google search for minimize window with the mouse software.

Back