Logitech Z-2300 turns my pc off...

greeneye

Limp Gawd
Recently (approx 1-3 months, still seems recently for audio stuff) I had purchased Logitech Z-2300 speaker system.

Wasn't expecting the best in high audio quality but something decent enough to play my trance, DnB, heavy/death metal and of course gaming sounds.

I wanted to see how high the bass can go, wich got me suprised that my windows can rattle and my neighbour at the door to complain (wich is was a positive in a way, my 3k audio in my room gets 4-5 neighbours knocking on my door from heavy bass wich is turned barely half way).

Anyways after I turn the subwoofer to a certain level on some heavy bass songs ('Bad Company - The Nine' and 'La Roux - In for the Kill (Skream's Let's Get Ravey Remix') my pc instantly turns off almost like a power cut.

But I know it isn't. Ive moved my PC/Speakers into a different room and even did a test on a different PC and it did the same thing. Also recently upgraded my PSU, Its definitely not me and my main audio is 3-6x times heavier on the bass/power at a basic home.

My guess is that it might be a faulty subwoofer? mayb the sub isnt meant to go deep? heat issue? or even a certain bass limit/cut out?..

Its a inconvenience because I like my music loud, decent and to not cut out from the equipment side.

If no one else has experienced this issue and I cant get replaced (or occurs again on a new Z-2300) I will possibly go all out on a simple 2.1 setup..

Pitty though I heard some nice reviews for these Z-2300 speaker setup.. for the typical basic bass lovers that listen to limited music (I do when I'm on my computer, otherwise its different for my other equipment).

Well If anyone can help me on this i would be very grateful!

(btw Ive looked everywhere for this problem and I seem to be the only one..)

idk much about this kinda stuff but i think something your doing is making your circuit breakers trip... its either you pulling too much current from the wall or something else. I suggest you plug in your z2300 by itself in a different socket and see what happens

You're pulling too much power from the socket or power strip you are connected into. Just plug the z2300's into another outlet altogether from the one your pc is hooked into and it should stop. Otherwise.... its a circuit breaker issue.

Back