Longer than expected BF3 load times?

Imitation

2[H]4U
Have some of you guys noticed longer than expected load times? With the rig in my sig I'm playing with a buddy that has similar specs, nonSSD hard drive and what not but he is running a core-i5 750 stock while my core 2 quad cpu is heavily OC'ed. Yet he loads a good 20-30 seconds faster than I do on the same map. Both have 4gigs of ram, both running 5 series radeon graphics, both on win7 64.

My HD also freaks out on load, which makes me think that its seeking all over to grab data which makes me think defrag but doesn't win7 auto defrag?

Any other suggestions on how to cut this load time down would be great!

While this might not necessarily help you, I upgraded to 8GB of RAM and a a solid state drive and my load times have drastically improved.

My best guess as to why you are getting different results from your friend would be differences in RAM frequency, i.e. ddr2 vs ddr3 or possibly HDD speeds?

While this might not necessarily help you, I upgraded to 8GB of RAM and a a solid state drive and my load times have drastically improved.

My best guess as to why you are getting different results from your friend would be differences in RAM frequency, i.e. ddr2 vs ddr3 or possibly HDD speeds?

Yeah i don't really want to spend the dough on a new setup right now. I just thought it was odd that very similar systems would show such a difference in load times.

I've been experiencing significantly longer load times when compared to the beta. I'm talking 30-40 second range. It doesn't make sense.

i have some pretty long load times too, and i would say my system has everything needed for fast load times

i7 2600k @ 4.2 ghz
16gb ddr3 ram @ 1600mhz
gtx 570 1gb
samsung 1 tb hdd write speeds of 100mb/s read speads of 148mb/s

I noticed much longer load times (for a new map) when switching from High to Ultra textures. I still get into the map with 20 seconds or more before the game starts though, so I'm not sure it matters much.

This *should* be your fix.

If you are having really long load times on Battlefield 3 then follow these guides on how to fix.

Nvidia Cards.

Open up Nvidia Control Panel
Click on Manage 3D Settings
Click on Program Settings
Select Battlefield 3 in the drop down box (If it's not there click add and find bf3.exe locatedC:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3)
Find Threaded optimization
Turn On
Click Apply

You should now have fast load times when changing maps :)

AMD/ATI Cards

Download ATThttp://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733
Install
Right click on the icon in the bottom right corner of your screen
Click on Tweaks
Click on Advanced Tweaks
In the drop down box select Multi Threaded Support
Change to 2 or 4 (Depending on how many cores you have on your CPU)
Make sure the radio box above is ticked
Click apply

This should fix it for you :)

Nice, gonna try that when I get home.

Where did it come from btw?

I don't recall, sorry, I just saved it so I remember to do it later. I do know in beta people did the opposite of this. I think I got it from a thread where they discovered they never reverted the beta "hack" and had these issues.

Back