Longest First Person Shooters?

FatAlbert said:
I'm going to say the battlefield series.

Never beat one of em...

But if you use the secret entrance under the windmill, you can skip to level 22

yeah - the orig unreal was long... whew... a great game.. I loved it. but all of the running through those HUGE open spaces... I think that's part of why it took so long. lol.

I'm gonna say Doom3.

I did finally beat it, but took something like 8 months. Kept getting bored, looking at the dark corridors. Would find other games to play. I finishes tons of other games in this time though lol

Menelmarar said:
I'm gonna say Doom3.

I did finally beat it, but took something like 8 months. Kept getting bored, looking at the dark corridors. Would find other games to play. I finishes tons of other games in this time though lol

Ha!! That's good, I almost started an argument until I read the rest of the post. :D

inotocracy said:
I LOVED the Max Payne series btw, when 1 came out I happened to have a week off and man that game consumed that week up pretty quick. Played a few hours a day, in a weird way I wanted to play it slowly just because the game kicked so much ass.
I <3 max payne 1. And I'm pretty good at it, too ;)

My vote goes to Daikatana. If you add in the time I waited for it to come out, I think it took just shy of a decade to beat it.

mmm. well i waited months for it to come out. and it took me a hour to un install it...

Dues Ex
unreal

They are the best. and they are the same engine. We need new good fps!!

Unreal 1 for teh win. It was so long I literally had to break my rules and put myself on god mode just to whiz through the last parts to beat it. I had no more time to spend on it, more games were coming out! I wanted to see it all the way through though. System Shock 2 was also nice and long, however not long enough! I was very depressed when I finished it. :( The Thief series get high marks as well.

RogueTrip said:
I took it out in about 10hours, probably taking longer than it would take someone else, but i play maybe 1-2hours at a time.

HL2 and HL1 where both pretty long, i'm just getting into FarCry now.

Now that i'm thinking about it, i almost never beat most of the FPS games i own for the PC.

Games i own but never beat:
Daikatana
Max payne 1, 2
Undying
Unreal 1, 2
Painkiller
Rise of the Triad
Ultimate Doom
Soldier of Fortune II
Blood 1 & 2
Doom 3
Max Payne 1, 2
Wolf RTCW
Killing Time

Have beaten:
Wolfenstein 1
Doom 1, 2
Duke 3d
Quake 1, 2, 4
Shadow Warrior
Half-life 1 & 2
Serious Sam
Turok 1 & 2
Kingpin
Redneck Rampage Series

I guess i need to start installing some of these games again and beat them!
Blood 1 is awesome.

Time it takes to complete a fps depends on the player and difficulty settings. Heck if I remember correctly some badass could complete doom2 all 32 levels or around there in under 10 mins.

Before the Quake Done Quick guys came around I always thought Quake 1 was pretty long. Unreal was really long and so was Deus Ex.

Max Payne seemed extra long for me, that kitchen/fire level man I dont know how many times I had to do that over... HL1 was real long too. It was long even after I had went back and replayed through it a second time. Far Cry, definetly long too. I think they're all 3 at about the same level of length.

NewbieTwo said:
The longest FPS game I remember was Draken: Order of the Flame.

It was a great game, lots of variety. Some levels were on foot, with a choice of using force or stealth. (I hate "Make a sound and fail" games) Othes were more like a flying sim involving flying your dragon around, destroying ground targets or dueling with other dragons.

However, the game was so long, I never finished it. I just couldn't get past one of the later flying levels. It was the only FPS game I remember never finishing.
great game ..I beat it twice like I do most games ...first time on normal , second time on whatever hardest settings are.

...hmm ..I wonder if I can find that old disc

another plus of that game was that you didnt need the cd to run the game, just install and there you go..ah , the good ol' days.

Doom 3 is long. I've had it for 6 months and only gotten to Hell. Of course a lot of that has to do with me only having 1 PC capable of playing it, and I've had to RMA the motherboard, CDROM drive, and mouse so it's been out of comission and the game wasn't played for a while. Then school started. I will beat it before the end of the school year.

Deus Ex is the longest I've played but that's kinda understandable since it has all the RPG elements and story. There are a couple more that were kinda long but no other ones stick out to me that were over 30 hours of gameplay. The first Half-Life was kinda long or it seemed kinda long at the time.

Another vote for Unreal 1, i have Unreal gold and installed it on WinXP and it works fine..still havnt beaten it yet!

Flak Pyro said:
Another vote for Unreal 1, i have Unreal gold and installed it on WinXP and it works fine..still havnt beaten it yet!
Yeah Unreal 1 was pretty long. I think the expansion, Return to Na Pali is even longer. Idk, I never actually beat it.

Half Life 1, Unreal, and Far Cry were all very long. I would guess that one of those three would be the longest fps.

iddqd said:
Yeah Unreal 1 was pretty long. I think the expansion, Return to Na Pali is even longer. Idk, I never actually beat it.

Nope... the expansion, as with most expansions, was significantly shorter. Long FPS games for me... I'd have to say Unreal, Doom 3, SOF2, Deus Ex, Half-Life, and System Shock 2. Shortest is the Blue Shift expansion for Half-Life.

If I had to pick one game that stuck out I'd probably say HL1. It seemed like it took me forever to beat.

The longest for me is definatley Unreal. Half_life would be next up. Another honorable mention that hasnt made it into 8 pages of this thread would be Shogo MAD. Game was long to me anyway.

Thought I'd bring this thread out of retirement. Not sure if others would agree, but Bioshock seems to be a pretty long friggin game. I'm still not done, and I've put countless hours in this SOB.

I might also put S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as a contender too, although it's really up to the gamer to decide how long this game could be. For me, very long.

Both games are great, definately worth the money I paid.

Any thoughts?

Half Life was pretty long, but I was around 5 when I played it so that may have something to do with it.

Wow, i thought this was a new thread until i saw one of my own posts from two years ago. :eek:

BioShock was pretty long compared to some recent shooters. Half Life 1 and 2 were pretty long as well.

I know it wasn't a true FPS but it did have its FPS parts, so I'd have to say Omikron. with Deus-ex a close second.

The game that always comes to mind for me as being really long was HL. I played Doom 3 and Fry Cry. While they were long, they didn't feel as long as HL to me. I think about replaying HL sometimes, but then I remember how long it took me the last time and I stop thinking about it. haha

Back