Looking for a Laptop Company to Resell

magik20

[H]ard|Gawd
well my company is looking to get into the retail market for laptops.

Ive been trying to find a company that can compete with dells prices and also have good quality but its been hard.

For example, i got MSI's reseller price list..... their cheapest laptop is $600, leaving no room for a markup.....

any help?

The reason that dell can sell so cheap is that they have economies of scale. The bigger you get, the cheaper things get. On top of that, Dell makes money from software companies by loading trial software.

The wholesale price you found for MSI would go down if you ordered 1000 laptops.

Good luck to you in business, but it isn't just a matter of choosing to sell them at a lower price, the price just doesn't get much lower than that. The profit margin on computers is pretty thin everywhere.

Look into averatec, they make pretty nice laptops at great prices.

The way I understand the economy of computer/laptop sales is you don't make money on the computer/laptop you sell, you make the money on the stuff that goes WITH the laptop. Extended warranties, software, mice, pads, keyboards, cases, etc are where your margin will be.

T

i agree with both of you guys...

we really make our money in the long run on service, as we fix PC's as well.

Im just trying to find a quality product that we can make a $100 per sale on.... and its kinda hard to find

MSI, ASUS and Averatec seem to be the best ways to go so far.

Yea, we resell pretty much every major OEM but make money off the service, not the hardware. Hardware markup is marginally thin and not worth busting balls over.

Back