Looking to upgrade GPU

Pringle

2[H]4U
Before I get into specs, I'm looking to upgrade my video card to properly support a 29' or bigger single monitor or TV setup. I game extensively but I'm far from anal about graphics. I game at 1920x1800 with the below setup. My main worry is bottle-necking if I upgrade the GPU. I'll admit, I'm extremely naive when it comes to the proper CPU to GPU ratio, so this is my main reason for posting this.

TLDR: I'm looking to upgrade my GPU without any bottle-necking occurring. Looking to spend less than $200. Not partial to NVidia or ATi.

Specs below:

Intel Core i5 2500k @4.2MHz
GTX 560
MSi Z77A-GD65
8GB RAM

Last edited:
What PSU and case do you have?
What's your max budget for the new video card?

You don't have to worry about a CPU bottleneck. You could go for a HD 290X Crossfire setup right now and still be fine CPU wise.

Sorry about that, brain fart

Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W

Max budget is $200

I'll keep an eye out, thanks Julliboo. That was the main purpose of me posting this, I just want to know what to look out for during the sales so I can upgrade my GPU

Yes, see if you can find the HD 7950 3GB for around $200. Alternatively, the $160 HD 7870 2GB works as well.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
None of those cards are good for the money. They'd have to be $40 to $50 cheaper in order for those cards to be worthwhile.

Back