Looky what I got for free!

t0x1k

Gawd
My mom just brought this home from my cousins house. It's a powermac G3 500Mhz upgraded from 233mhz i guess, 160MB, 32mb original + 128mb. Ati mach 64 2mb video card, bleh! 40GB hardrive, mac os 9.2, 15" monitor, meh. adobe illustrator 8, ps 6, dreamworks MX.

Now, can i use a corssover cable so I can go from my PC to the mac so I can use the internet on the mac?

IMG_1908.jpg

That's pretty good for free. I don't know about accessing the net through a PC from a Mac, but I could be wrong.

yeah. easy. What windows are you running? What type of internet and how is it connected.

if its 2k/xp on dialup, then simply go into the sharing tab of the connection properties, and check enable sharing.

then on the mac, set the gateway of the LAN card to the IP address of your PC. chuck in some DNS servers and you should be set. both may need restarts.

My computer acesses the internet over a wireless router. I want to use the onboard LAN on my pc so I can hook my mac into it so it can get onto the internet. Is this possible? I noticed the mac has standard PCI slots, but I don't want to buy a wireless card for it because it's only going to be used for simple things. I think it can do this from a pc to pc, my pc to mac? do i need a crossover or just a standard cable?

has ther wireless router got a few spare rj45 plugs? normally they have an inbuilt switch. if so, just plug straight into it.

I can't do that, if i could my pc wouldn't be running on wireless.
More or likely, i'm just going to gut it for the hardrive, cd-rom, and sell off the sd-ram and external crap.

4keatimj said:
I don't know about accessing the net through a PC from a Mac, but I could be wrong.

So.. you might know how to access the net through a PC from a Mac and just don't realize it?

:p

remove the hard drive and then promptly throw the rest away lest your friends see that you own it and forsake you and then your girlfriend dumps you to and... ok I'll stop. :D

I still help out at my old high school sometimes, even though im in college, and about 3 months ago they gave me a panasonic 20 inch monitor for free. In the end all I had to buy was the monitor cable which only set me back about $15. Now I can play doom3, far cry, and soon to be hl2 at awesome resolutions once my new 6800 gets here! :D

Back