Losing my freaking mind. Never seen this

Bojamijams

Limp Gawd
One of the computers in my home, which just happens to be my home desktop, is no longer able to get full download speed. I'm supposed to get 45mbps+ but it keeps hanging around half that, at 20-22mbps. My wife's computer gets the full speed, my laptop gets the full speed, hell even my mobile phone gets better speed over wireless.

I've tried using my wife's cable, I've tried using a different port on the router, I've tried hooking directly in the modem, I've tried a different LAN port on the computer itself (has two, an Intel LAN which I normally used, and a Realtek one). I've even gone and bought a different router (old = WNDR3700v1 new = RT-AC66U)

We just moved into a new house; and at the old house, I was getting full speed which was about 30mbps. I've done a Load Optimized defaults in BIOS, disabled windows firewall, disabled MSC and have just run out of ideas. The only thing I can try is a Windows reinstall but that'll take a lot of time and I'm just here looking if anyone has any possible ideas

Just to rule out any hardware malfunctions (like leaking capacitators and such) - same problem when you boot on a Ubuntu 12.10 disc and bench from there?

Download Ubuntu and boot off it into the live desktop, then try your speed test test page. This will rule out windows.. If it's slow on the Ubuntu, then it's hardware related..

Okay through Ubuntu its a lot faster.

Its full duplex and I don't see a setting for Flow Control. But I definitely didn't mess with any of that back when it was full speed.

I'm starting to think one of the Windows 7 updates did this but as its been months since I ran a speedtest, I have no idea which one did it.

If you guys are all up to date with the latest Windows 7 updates, are you still getting full speed?

Okay through Ubuntu its a lot faster.

Its full duplex and I don't see a setting for Flow Control. But I definitely didn't mess with any of that back when it was full speed.

I'm starting to think one of the Windows 7 updates did this but as its been months since I ran a speedtest, I have no idea which one did it.

If you guys are all up to date with the latest Windows 7 updates, are you still getting full speed?

sp1 win 7N x64 dual core 4 gigs ram dual lcd's and 60 gig ssd

2216318853.png

FIXED IT!

I removed the Adapter from the Device Manager, restarted and when it was re-added it went to full speed. WTF MAN!

Well whatever... learned something new and it saves me a re-install. Thanks for the help guys. Much aprpeciated!

FIXED IT!

I removed the Adapter from the Device Manager, restarted and when it was re-added it went to full speed. WTF MAN!

Well whatever... learned something new and it saves me a re-install. Thanks for the help guys. Much aprpeciated!

:D:D:D:D

Used some "registry optimization" that fcks up TCP settings?

Used some "registry optimization" that fcks up TCP settings?

That's my guess- maybe used TCP offload when there was no hardware offload engine?
I've also seen flow control kill connections dead.

No I never used any registry edits. Use CCleaner periodically ... maybe it removed something valuable

FIXED IT!

I bet the TCP/IP stack got messed up.

You could have probably fixed it by resetting the TCP/IP stack through an admin command prompt.. or by running a batch file like I do.

Anyway, the command is:

netsh int ip reset

Back