Lost 130 computers

Logikality

Weaksauce
A new semester is coming so I cannot continue running the client. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone would complain and since that was the agreement the clients come off this week. At least I got them talked itno letting me run it the rest of the week to finish up what I have already downloaded.

Hopefully it will be better come spring.

lol so FLECOM gains 600 and you lose 130, eh, we're still coming out better off

there's a positive side to everything :D

Sorry to hear it man...

Here's to seeing the big L come back and lay a whuppin on us... [H]orde raise your glasses! :cool:

That's a real bummer. And I'll bet the complaint wasn't even valid. Have you sat down and run a comparison between a machine running F@H and one without? It may be a means of convincing those in power that F@H isn't causing any slowdowns. For heaven's sake, I don't even stop F@H while I play UT2004 on my XP 1800!

My guess is the following happened:
1) User knows just enough to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and check task manager out of curiosity.
2) User sees strange program using 50% CPU and several dozen MB of RAM
3) User assumes that the strange program is stealing "his/her" cycles, and the placebo effect takes place.
4) User complains

We mourn the loss. I guess the rest of us will have to each borg a couple machines to make up for it. I've now made F@H a requirement whenever I help anybody with their computer.

I was wondering what was going on.... I've been meaning to call you the drunken folder, your points (PPD) have always been all over the place.

Ohh well.... here's to the next borg! :D

I think I'm going to run a test tomorrow and shut down 70 of mine, see what the thermal load differance in the warehouse is. Just got AC installed, can't keep up with them. Talked boss into AC, now need to talk boss into larger AC unit....getting pretty sad over here.

This should be in a forum so the Aussies can't see it :( Agh, oh well, let's hope FLECOM gets his wish and Logik comes back to the team!

Now Marty too, how long of a shut down?

You had a great run Logikality and we all appreciate it. Keep what you can going and here is for bringing them back up in the spring.

p[H]ant0m said:
Sorry to hear it man...

Here's to seeing the big L come back and lay a whuppin on us... [H]orde raise your glasses! :cool:

clink

sorry to hear that, L, it was good while it lasted...

clean_me said:
This should be in a forum so the Aussies can't see it :(

This should (or SHOUDNT) be in a forum so the Aussies can't see it

Too late

Aussie/OCAU

Man that sucks. I hate when uneducated people think they know something. A simple google search of fah502-console.exe would tell them that it's a low priority process and that it's harmless. These people are smart enough to be dangerous.

Borg one for the big L

have you looked in the fridge for these? I'm always loosing my keys in there.

marty9876 said:
have you looked in the fridge for these? I'm always loosing my keys in there.
While your in there, could you grab me a beer please? Thanks! :D

sorry to hear that Logik ... I hate it when people complain...

on the plus side for the team, besides FLECOM, it looks like Toasty has ramped back up over the last month, anyone seen him??

Uncut_Diamond said:
:(

That's why you need to run group policies that disable access to the Task Manager :D :cool:

That, and maybe adjust cpu time used to say, 90%, maybe making the system a little "snappier" so the peons don't complain.

run the low mem usage ones...

or put another 128 in all the machines. they'd *never* notice then:D

sorry to hear you lost your borgs, wish i could make up for it...

*really have to check about borging my high school...

Ram shouldn't be an issue 512 in half and 640 in the other half, but I think the big thing was the machine was fragmented pretty bad. Out of 30 in the lab they had to use that one. :(

Back