Lost Odyssey- Initial Reactions

MMm...don't remember where I got aqua from. Either one of those pots/spinning things on the way to the worm or in the outpost right before that area (little hidden shop in there)

Just finished Disc1 and I'm impressed. Started off kinda slow, but for a 4 Disc game thats about right. The dreaming parts are a little weird at times, but if you sit and actually read them all they're good for giving a bit of back-story. So far though, I'm pleased with the game overall.
The dreams are pretty long stories and everytime he recalls a dream i think to myself "damn, now I have to read this story for 5-10 min", but when it's over it was always worth it. The stories told in the dreams are always top notch. At least, that has been my experience thus far.

The dreams are pretty long stories and everytime he recalls a dream i think to myself "damn, now I have to read this story for 5-10 min", but when it's over it was always worth it. The stories told in the dreams are always top notch. At least, that has been my experience thus far.

That's my initial reaction every time as well, however once it ends I think to myself "Wow that was a damn good story." The stories seem to spark your imagination into whats happening with those dream portions.

You could find the Aqua spell in that secret shop.... or in the mining place right before the dragon boss fight.

I bought it from the shop. Took me a LONG time to figure out how to get into it. That aqua spell makes that fight easy.

This game is awesome.

I'm about 12 hours in, second disc, and I gotta say I'm really impressed. Graphics are incredible, voice acting is great, story is involving and interesting, albeit a little slow in the beginning. I haven't been this into a RPG for a while, hopefully this is a sign of things to come from MS.

after logging a lot more time with the game, it is very good. They keep a lot of the good aspects from previous Final Fantasies and just added a new storyline and some nice graphics. It really works well. heard there are going to be 3 of these total.

I love the dreams in this game.

The first boss was bullshit. Way too unintuitive to know that your mage will do all the tanking and your fighters will spend the whole fight only casting heal on your mage.

Dreams are top notch. The writing in them is simply excellent and virtually all of them could stand on their own two legs. The voice acting isn't bad and the characters are developed well. I got to the second disc today, and a couple things do keep bugging me.

The loading screens are ridiculous. They aren't that long, but there is a TON of them. The frame rate in game is fine, but the cut scenes chug so badly they give me a headache. THe cutscenes are really quite good and deserve better. Also, when a battle loads up, the game appears to "hitch," with noticeable stuttering .as the characters come on screen.

The frame rate in game is fine, but the cut scenes chug so badly they give me a headache. THe cutscenes are really quite good and deserve better. Also, when a battle loads up, the game appears to "hitch," with noticeable stuttering .as the characters come on screen.

I haven't noticed that. Could it be your TV's calibration? It's silky smooth for me.

I haven't noticed that. Could it be your TV's calibration? It's silky smooth for me.

It may be a TV related thing, but many of the reviews I read mentioned this. Sometimes the cutscenes run perfectly fine, but there was one with Gongora tonight where he looked like he was in slow motion. And what's weird is that the battles, gameplay, etc, are all fine. It just screams of poor optimization.

Back