Lost Planet: EC DirectX9 and D3D10 demo releasing tonight!

Spoudazo

Gawd
So who else is excited to try the first playable Direct3D 10 game?

Sure, we had cascades, and the froggy demo (the froggy demo sorta mimicked D3D10, but was basically advanced OpenGL/D9c stuff).

So who's ready?

Vista? Check

D3D10 card? Check

May 15? Not yet :D

No biggy.

Looks like it'll do fine on most highend DX9 cards, just don't enable soft-shadows (leave shadows at normal). Also, since the game incorporates motion blur (I'm assuming on both versions), even 30-35fps would be playable, and I'm the kind that usually wants at least 60fps, if not higher if playing on a CRT.

:)

Bah, why don't they just do it at midnight tonight, 9pm EST might as well be the 16th. :p

^^^Only frames in the teens? I really hope thats not true, because thats going to make me and my 7800gt very sad. Granted it is at 1920x1200, still with an 8800gtx I expected more. Hope this isn't another shitty console port because this game looks badass.

^^^Only frames in the teens? I really hope thats not true, because thats going to make me and my 7800gt very sad. Granted it is at 1920x1200, still with an 8800gtx I expected more. Hope this isn't another shitty console port because this game looks badass.

I'm sure the dx9 version will run a lot better. And that is a really large resolution to try and curn out right away on a DX10 game.

He had high shadows on (soft shadows), which kills performance on this game, according to some more benchmarks. :)

vista:not yet installed, but already owned
dx10 card:check
monitor not turning on, and not being able to access the pc:check
:>
i cant wait until i play this game since it was really good on x360 i hope it will be even better on pc

I hope those screenies are a limitation of the demo, cuz I R unimPresseD so far...

Have you ever played the game before, even on the 360?
The game looks great, and the smoke effects are some of the best I've seen in a game. :)

lpec_11.JPG

Can't wait. I am thinking I am gonna install vista on a small separate partition to start my own testing of games and programs while still keeping my XP install intacted.

Can't wait. I am thinking I am gonna install vista on a small separate partition to start my own testing of games and programs while still keeping my XP install intacted.

It's not hard to do.

Just make sure you install Vista after XP, otherwise, XP will override the Vista install and won't ask you which OS to boot from. However, there are ways around this (lots of results on Google), but it's easier to just install XP first, then install Vista. From then on, it'll ask you if you want to boot to Vista or an "Earlier Version of Windows." :)

For something that looks worse than HL2 + some blurring effects, that sure draggs down the hardware.

For something that looks worse than HL2 + some blurring effects, that sure draggs down the hardware.
It's hard to tell from screenshots, in my experience. I'll wait to see it in motion before I jump to a hasty conclusion

You have no clue :D

The game is awesome in scope and way better than HL2 graphically. There are soooo many damn things on screen at one time (Some are large detailed creatures) with a large distance with snow falling. It's no push over game.

ok so we have ascertained that "it looks good" but like a good looking women they tend to have no depth

I play games for... THE GAMEPLAY! if I wanted something good to lookout I would spend the afternoon in a stripjoint. if the gameplay is shite I ain't going near it.

Take Darwinia, very basic polygon GFX but some FANTASTIC gameplay!!!
For to often gamemaker go for the "oooo" effect and drop anything which they should be providing

IF I wanted to look at high detail grass I would stand in my garden! the quality of the grass in Madden aint why I would play madden!

ok so we have ascertained that "it looks good" but like a good looking women they tend to have no depth

I play games for... THE GAMEPLAY! if I wanted something good to lookout I would spend the afternoon in a stripjoint. if the gameplay is shite I ain't going near it.

Take Darwinia, very basic polygon GFX but some FANTASTIC gameplay!!!
For to often gamemaker go for the "oooo" effect and drop anything which they should be providing

IF I wanted to look at high detail grass I would stand in my garden! the quality of the grass in Madden aint why I would play madden!

That is pretty funny! You are making me feel like an idiot now for just wanting to see some good gfx :( .

I am in downloading it now from the main site capcom. Damnit it is slow, 50KB a sec.

Demo is in two different download parts:
DX9
and
DX10

I shall march out into the street and riot! I shall burn down the establishment of Capcom! No one will live!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah, wheres the demo?

ya im getting 140 on gamershell, not bad

compared to that crappy gamespot (which does have the demo) and its 40kb/sec

You have no clue :D

The game is awesome in scope and way better than HL2 graphically. There are soooo many damn things on screen at one time (Some are large detailed creatures) with a large distance with snow falling. It's no push over game.

The screenshots I saw had very little going on and they still had bad frames. The models were maybe a little better, but the textures were actually worse. There was just a bunch of motion blur.

Back