Lower OC'ing on 512 GTX's after H2O install

Stevemr2t

Limp Gawd
On air I was able to get my EVGA's to 600 / 1.75, now after a water install they only go to 580 / 1.72. Temps are ~39C during the "test" sequence.... any ideas?

looks like I swapped my cards location during the upgrade... one of my cards oc's more than the other and depending on location my final oc result changes a lot....

Stevemr2t said:
On air I was able to get my EVGA's to 600 / 1.75, now after a water install they only go to 580 / 1.72. Temps are ~39C during the "test" sequence.... any ideas?

Putting a fan or something over the VREGS really does help...I have the same issues with mine...putting a fan on them increased my 3DMark05 points 1000+ points

Rudager said:
Putting a fan or something over the VREGS really does help...I have the same issues with mine...putting a fan on them increased my 3DMark05 points 1000+ points

Interesting... I guess I could always stick a fan there since I have an extra one.. might be worth while adding them to the WC loop..

Managed to cool my cards down to 8C, autodetect went from ~ 575/1.73 to 597/1.79

Canyon Run in 3DMark06 was pretty unstable and kept crashing tho... any idea why SM3 always seems more susceptible to OC fails than SM2?

Back