Lyquist

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also paid for the ipad2 because of his >3K posts here. Just filed a dispute w/ PP now.

This guy should be ban from Hardforums

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys we don't exactly have a history of letting confirmed trolls roam the boards freely. Most of you have been around long enough to have some idea of how this works, if a ban is warranted it will happen when it's appropriate.

More details from our own HardForums forum. Not sure if we'd need more proof.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=741216

Wow. That post including Lyquist's name was made on March 14, 2004. The mod back then banned the account the guy had here and called it a day. It wasn't until over 5 months later that the hardforum account Lyquist was created in August of 2004. Given the number of new threads/members created here every single day I think we can forgive someone for not remembering that the same name appeared in some random TTT thread 5 months earlier. Even further, I'm absolutely positive that if I scoured the internet, I could find about 30 other people who go by Discobob. If I find out one of them ripped someone off, should I ban you?

If you have a problem with the moderation here, I suggest you take your business elsewhere. In the mean time we will continue to do the things the way we have in order to help keep this as safe and fair a trading community as possible.

And hell, none of us were even moderators back then. We don't have shared memory going back 7 years, you know.

Even if we ban him right this moment, that doesn't get your money back.
We don't immediately ban trolls so PMs still flow. There'd be complaining about not being able to get in contact with him, because I'm sure none of you actually got full contact information like an alternate email or, gasp, a phone number. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

File your IC3 report, talk to your local police, and pursue the issue with paypal and your bank/cc issuer as applicable.

And hell, none of us were even moderators back then. We don't have shared memory going back 7 years, you know.

We don't immediately ban trolls so PMs still flow. There'd be complaining about not being able to get in contact with him, because I'm sure none of you actually got full contact information like an alternate email or, gasp, a phone number. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

File your IC3 report, talk to your local police, and pursue the issue with paypal and your bank/cc issuer as applicable.

so why is he not banned now? what is the wait?

can you see it now?

His threads are locked......and he wont be starting any new ones

If you're still waiting to get money back from Lyquist, could you please PM me?

I didn't ask that for my health or curiosity, I wanted to see if anyone was still trying to communicate with him, and people are. I don't know if they're having any luck, but PM's here might be one possible way to talk to the fellow. Even if he isn't logged in, PM's can go to emails and potentially be read. Also if someone knows without a doubt they're going to be banned or already are, they're less likely to want to resolve situations.

Everything we do is to attempt to be helpful to the members who were affected. That said our only real job here is to enforce the forum rules, we aren't the trade police. If we have proof one member has intentionally stolen from another we will take action, but we do try to take some reasonable steps to help them resolve the problem. We also have account tools you know nothing about, and I promise you if anyone is currently getting trolled by Lyquist, it's their own fault.

From this point on if you were not involved in a transaction with Lyquist, do not post in this thread. If you think you have information that might help those who were affected, PM it to a moderator or to the members themselves. This thread is here to help affected traders reach a resolution, not to discuss moderation practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back