Mac Pro Graphics Card

PianoPete

n00b
Hi fellow Mac people. I have a 1st generation Mac Pro 2.66 quadcore with the stock 7300GT graphics card. I would like to get a 24in monitor for gaming but I am not sure if the card can handle the resolution, and there are ZERO acceptable upgrades for it at this time. I won't go into a rant about how Apple hasn't lived up to their promises of expandability on the Mac pro...

Anyway is my current setup up to the task of running as 24in display at native resolution (for gaming) or do I need to get a 22in and continue dreaming?

That card doesn't work in the older Mac Pros. There is no upgrade available for my machine other than the 2 year old plague ridden X1900 that burn out after a few months use...

Possibly buy a different X1900 from somewhere else and flash the BIOS of the card to the Mac Edition? Is that possible with this card? I know someone did it with a 8800GT.

Lol you can't put the 8800GT in an intel mac pro?

That's pathetic apple, thank god I don't buy them. Only thing I'd ever consider would be an 80GB ipod, other then that, no.

Any video cards should work in Boot Camp to play games as long as you keep the old 7300 to use in OSX. No one would play in OS X anyway right =)

Any video cards should work in Boot Camp to play games as long as you keep the old 7300 to use in OSX. No one would play in OS X anyway right =)

Yes that is true, but I have never touched windows and I would be SO lost. Seriously I wouldn't even know how to open a web browser and I would probably end up blowing up my machine lol.

Yes that is true, but I have never touched windows and I would be SO lost. Seriously I wouldn't even know how to open a web browser and I would probably end up blowing up my machine lol.

128347587844687500fail.jpg

you're kidding

Back