Man With Knife = 1, MacBook Air = 0

That's why there 30 of em on ebay for $150-200 hehe? Although I am sure directly from Apple you are thinking about the mark up of $500 that they put on all major components. :) So i guess you are right..

I always forgot Mac people love to pay out ass the for same general components as a PC.

Buying the raw part and knowing how to install it properly are two different things. If you took ANY laptop to a repair shop to have the lcd replaced it is going to cost a minimum of $500. That is not exclusive to mac.

It's his property and he can do anything he wants with it?

You are right...still doesn't make him any less of a dumbass for doing it.

The ThinkPads have always been the absolute pinnacle of function over form, without question. Those of us that have owned them (or still do, as I have 3 myself and won't get rid of 'em till they're completely dead-kaput-shot-useless) see a lot more when we look at 'em than those with the surface mentality of "Oooo... shiny... pretty..." because beauty is truly skin deep.

But then, on the other hand, beauty is supposed to be in the eye of the beholder so, I'd take a ThinkPad anyday, twice on Sunday, and on top of that I'd take one to MacWorld or even WWDC and having OSx86 running on it just to piss 'em off... ;)

To everyone bitching and whining about the money he could've made by selling it on ebay.

What if the guy is well off and to him the internet notoriety, or just the sheer pleasure of it, was worth more then 800 or so he could've gotten for it on ebay?

ThinkPad's are awesome beasts. They will probably survive a nuclear holocaust while all the plasticky macs will not.

My mom has a T61 with a Quadro NVS140m and its freaking best laptop I've ever used.

The only thing missing from this video is the shrieking sound from Psycho where Norman stabs the girl through the shower curtain... that would have been the perfect addition. :)

Why is he a moron? Anyone has their own right to break whatever they own at their own will.

Someone else already answered but I will too. I never said anything about his 'rights' just that he's a moron, even if he 'has the money' wealthy people don't get that way by literally wasting it like this guy.

To everyone bitching and whining about the money he could've made by selling it on ebay.

What if the guy is well off and to him the internet notoriety, or just the sheer pleasure of it, was worth more then 800 or so he could've gotten for it on ebay?

At that point, sell it and give the money away or give it away to someone who wants it or can sell it. I'm not a liberal by any stretch of the imagination, but do some good with the excess of your wealth rather than look and act like a douche bag.

Lenovo is a complete crap, dont even want to mention is a MIC product, IBM have nothing to do with it beside a NAME TAG ON IT...

I been using Lenovo for several month, all I have to say is. "THE WORSE LAPTOP EVER MADE"

Lenovo is a complete crap, dont even want to mention is a MIC product, IBM have nothing to do with it beside a NAME TAG ON IT...

I been using Lenovo for several month, all I have to say is. "THE WORSE LAPTOP EVER MADE"

Care to elaborate? My company deploys HP Business Notebooks and Thinkpads. They've both been excellent products.

I dunno, this might be a viral video put out by an ad agency. Hence his willingness to destroy this and plug the IBM. Think about when the MBAir first came out, Lenovo did those parody commercials with the CDrom accessories.

I dunno, this might be a viral video put out by an ad agency. Hence his willingness to destroy this and plug the IBM. Think about when the MBAir first came out, Lenovo did those parody commercials with the CDrom accessories.

I doubt it. The Air and x300 are old products (by today's aging standards). Advertisement, be they viral or not, wouldn't reach that far back.

I dropped a Lenovo T500 from about 6 feet on accident. It just bounced off the ground... Worked great not even physical damage. My next laptop is 100% coming from them lol.

You found a steak knife in a hotel room drawer? :eek:

Yeah, you'll have to post pics of the Toshiba when you get a chance.

It was one of those rooms with a full kitchen.

I'd post the pic but my web host hasn't fixed their crap yet and I don't think I can attach images to posts here.

Hey Azhar, it was about the MBA being both cheaper and faster than the x300. It is both, hundreds of dollars cheaper while having a much faster CPU, GPU, and more RAM (not to mention better battery life, better LCD, etc). I thought the problem with Apple was that they were all so GD overpriced. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, I know several people with MBAs and not one of them have any issues with the hinge or any other physical problems. Finally, his problem was covered by the warranty and he is a dumbass for destroying that laptop.

Fanboy videos, woo! ;)

Just curious, but how is an $1800 MBA "hundreds of dollars cheaper" than a $1750 X300? Also, both have 2GB of RAM (so scratch the "more RAM" part). The MBA does have a faster CPU and GPU, but the X300 has an SSD vs. the MBA's 4200 RPM drive. You also fail to mention that the X300 has a higher resolution screen and crazy features like a DVD-RW drive, plenty of USB ports, a standard video out (no need for an adapter), and a finger print reader. Also, the X300 has a 6-Cell battery that gives it 6.5 hours vs. the MBA's 4.5 hours of battery life.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834146457

That said, I'm not really a fan of Lenovo's. I hate my Z61p, it has had nothing but problems since I got it (school laptop - wasn't my choice)

Regardless of whether you like Macs or not, this is just a dumb thing to do. I bet if he had stabbed a Voodoo Envy instead of a Macbook, the responses would be quite different.

I dropped a Lenovo T500 from about 6 feet on accident. It just bounced off the ground... Worked great not even physical damage. My next laptop is 100% coming from them lol.

Pics or shens. There had to be at least a dent or scuff marks.

Arg, I thought by some chance that the screen would have somehow electrocuted him.

Then I could nominate him for a Darwin Award...

*Sigh*

It was one of those rooms with a full kitchen.

I'd post the pic but my web host hasn't fixed their crap yet and I don't think I can attach images to posts here.

Use imageshack or photobucket to host pics.

The mac cult in trendy white clothes will soon stab him to death for that.

I don't like Apple for their monopoly. Anyone can make an IBM compatible (as they used to be called in the old days), but only Apple can make a computer with OSX and as such charge twice as much and have stupid **** like a chip that prevents you from using your own headphones.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they make bad things, it's just too restricted and expensive. Lenin would have loved Apple, lot's of propaganda and focus on appearance while it's rotten in the core and prevents you fomr doing anything not sanctioned by them with it.

what a retard lol. it did seem like viral marketing at the end though :(

Arg, I thought by some chance that the screen would have somehow electrocuted him.

Then I could nominate him for a Darwin Award...

*Sigh*

lol it might have if it was plugged in, but it was running off the battery.

Why was the viewing angle on the Macbook Air so much better than the Lenovo's screen?

Back