Mass Effect Trilogy $7.8 cdkeys

Let's be clear here. Mass Effect 3 is NOT a 6/10 game. it is, at worst, an 8/10 game.

Also, keep in mind that if you want the full experience you'll still need to shell out $70+ for all the DLC.

From BioWare's site:

What DLC is included in the Mass Effect Trilogy?

• On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.
So, yes, you'll need to buy any/all DLCs you want.

Let's be clear here. Mass Effect 3 is NOT a 6/10 game. it is, at worst, an 8/10 game.

Also, keep in mind that if you want the full experience you'll still need to shell out $70+ for all the DLC.

Depends on what you mean by 6/10. To me 6/10 is still a good game. It's not my fault that reviewers so skewed the scale that everything below 7 is considered crap. But nowadays some lift their noses at even 7 as you clearly demonstrated.

If you never played the games it's still a good deal. And if you like them you can get DLCs later.

There is only two that is kind of essential for the story. Lair of the Shadow Broker, and Arrival for ME2.

FYI Origin was offereing free upgrade of these games to the full Digital deluxe versions. i only noticed this when i bought Andromeda a few weeks ago so not sure if its still the case. they also offered free upgrade on PvZ GW2 as well.
but in most cases its an addition 10 bux each to upgrade via origin client

FYI Origin was offereing free upgrade of these games to the full Digital deluxe versions. i only noticed this when i bought Andromeda a few weeks ago so not sure if its still the case. they also offered free upgrade on PvZ GW2 as well.
but in most cases its an addition 10 bux each to upgrade via origin client
Free upgrade? That sounds more like a glitch than an intended feature. I've seen the upgrade option for andromeda for 10, but not for free. And frankly what you get in deluxe edition of andromeda that's not even worth that 10.
Also FYI Deluxe edition doesn't mean all DLCs included it just means the content that they gave with the original deluxe edition when the game came out. For ME3 that means you get from Ashes on top of standard, and a bunch of cosmetic and weapon packs nothing else of substance.

To clarify it was for the older games not Andromeda, i only noticed it when i bought Andromeda

Depends on what you mean by 6/10. To me 6/10 is still a good game. It's not my fault that reviewers so skewed the scale that everything below 7 is considered crap. But nowadays some lift their noses at even 7 as you clearly demonstrated.

If you never played the games it's still a good deal. And if you like them you can get DLCs later.

There is only two that is kind of essential for the story. Lair of the Shadow Broker, and Arrival for ME2.

Wasn't sure where you were getting your scores.

With respect to DLC. LofSB and Arrival are essential, but you're missing out if you don't also play Overlord, Leviathan, and Citadel.

Hell, the ending doesn't even make sense without Leviathan.

I'll finish off by saying that I've been hoping for a while that they'd release the entire trilogy in one pack, DLC and all.

Wasn't sure where you were getting your scores
I made up my own scoring system.
With respect to DLC. LofSB and Arrival are essential, but you're missing out if you don't also play Overlord, Leviathan, and Citadel.
Hell, the ending doesn't even make sense without Leviathan.
The ending doesn't make sense either way, unless you apply the IT.
But I agree you need all the story DLCs to get a the full experience. But if someone just wants to get the first taste of the ME universe this is a great way to do that. At least ME1 comes with all DLCs included.
I'll finish off by saying that I've been hoping for a while that they'd release the entire trilogy in one pack, DLC and all.
If they were going to do that it should've happened by now, before Andromeda. I purchased all the DLCs long ago, but I still wish they'd release them in one package for cheap so others can get the experience as well for a reasonable price.

Remember the original Mass Effect doesn't work all that well with modern PCs if I remember the highest resolution is 1280 x 720 and the game hasn't aged well. There is a HD texture mod that is out there that really improves the games looks and let's you bump up the resolution.

Remember the original Mass Effect doesn't work all that well with modern PCs if I remember the highest resolution is 1280 x 720 and the game hasn't aged well. There is a HD texture mod that is out there that really improves the games looks and let's you bump up the resolution.
Then you remember completely wrong.
It works perfectly with modern computers. And there is no limitation to resolution it works at any resolution even at 4K. Yes I've played it at 4K, and it doesn't look that bad.
The only issue it has it that on some computers it detects video memory wrong and reduces texture resolution. But there is a proven workaround by editing a cfg file.

I am actually replaying ME1 right now and none of that is true. I am playing at 2560x1440 and vanilla textures look fine. There's only some LOD issues that Unreal Engine 3 never fixed.

I am actually replaying ME1 right now and none of that is true. I am playing at 2560x1440 and vanilla textures look fine. There's only some LOD issues that Unreal Engine 3 never fixed.

I tried playing it 2 or 3 weeks ago and I could not get anything past low res maybe it was 1280 x 1024 but I could not run 2560 x 1440 to save my life.

Then you remember completely wrong.
It works perfectly with modern computers. And there is no limitation to resolution it works at any resolution even at 4K. Yes I've played it at 4K, and it doesn't look that bad.
The only issue it has it that on some computers it detects video memory wrong and reduces texture resolution. But there is a proven workaround by editing a cfg file.

I can confirm that the whole trilogy works perfectly at 4k on modern computers - and it looks amazing if you are willing to mod it. I finished a run of all three games just before Andromeda came out. Despite some well deserved criticism, it's undoubtedly my favorite series of games.

Also, take a look at Nexus Mods for 4k texture packs, controller support, shorter elevators, etc.

$8 and people are complaining about it not having all the DLC? Lol...

Great deal for some great games here.

The problem has never been the price for the games. It's the fact that the DLC is still the same price as when it was released.

EA gave away ME2 a few months ago, but if you want to get the *full story* then you pretty much need to shell out a minimum of $50.

What's worse is that you can't just BUY the DLC, you have to buy Bioware points and then exchange them for DLC.

I tried playing it 2 or 3 weeks ago and I could not get anything past low res maybe it was 1280 x 1024 but I could not run 2560 x 1440 to save my life.

That's strange then. I am playing the steam version vanilla.

You are completely missing the point. The DLC is very very expensive and there's only one way to get it and it never gets discounted.

The problem has never been the price for the games. It's the fact that the DLC is still the same price as when it was released.

EA gave away ME2 a few months ago, but if you want to get the *full story* then you pretty much need to shell out a minimum of $50.

What's worse is that you can't just BUY the DLC, you have to buy Bioware points and then exchange them for DLC.

Ah, fair enough - it seemed like people were complaining about the DLC not being included in this bundle. Totally get what you guys are saying, though, and I agree.

LOL. You need to set the aspect ratio to 16:9 first. Then it lets you select those resolutions.

I think you no longer have to separately buy points, you can just click on the dlc and you can get it on the spot trough origin. Of course that doesn't make it cheaper. The price might be scary all in one. I got them one by one as they came out, so I didn't feel it. And I never regretted getting any of them.

I think you no longer have to separately buy points, you can just click on the dlc and you can get it on the spot trough origin. Of course that doesn't make it cheaper. The price might be scary all in one. I got them one by one as they came out, so I didn't feel it. And I never regretted getting any of them.

Sadly no. I bought some a few weeks ago (re-bought) and I had to buy Bioware points.

LOL. You need to set the aspect ratio to 16:9 first. Then it lets you select those resolutions.

I just launched it again thinking hey maybe I missed that the last time. Well it can go higher after you scroll down to the highest resolution there is a double arrow you have to click on that to see more resolutions never knew that.

Last edited:
I just launched it again thinking hey maybe I missed that the last time. Well as far as I can tell there is no aspect ratio option for the original Mass Effect the highest resolutions without editing a config file or installing a mod is 1280 x 1024 for 4:3 or 1280 x 800 for 16:9. This is the Origin version maybe the steam version is different.
Mass Effect came out at the very end of 2007 and by then resolutions well above what you are showing were already common and in fact I had one of those 1680 by 1050 screens. I played Mass Effect a few years after it came out and I am 100% positive I played it at 1080 P.

Last edited:
Here you go and it supports even 4k out of the box. There are a pair of somewhat hard to see scroll buttons (they look like double arrows pointing up and down) on the top and bottom of the drop down resolution list in the game menu. Click on these to move the list up and down.

Many people seem to miss them...

imageuploadcertificity.com

I just launched it again thinking hey maybe I missed that the last time. Well it can go higher after you scroll down to the highest resolution there is a double arrow you have to click on that to see more resolutions never knew that.
Ah I see the problem now. I was talking about the stand alone config utility that comes with it. I never tried setting the resolution in game. I thought that was the go to method for setting up the game before the first run for everyone.

Yeah the arrows are hard to see I didn't even notice them at 1st and had no clue I had to click on them to scroll through the higher resolutions.

Back