MASSIVE Steam Summer Sale

left 4 dead 2 is a no brainer for me. Thinking about monkey island... should i?

If you like adventure games, or even just the monkey island series, you should.

They did a really nice job of capturing the Monkey Island feel and making an adventure game that seems current and for the most part serves a certain logic.

Bought Killing Floor for £3.74, I wonder if it's any good - critical reaction was mixed

Last edited:
I guess I should finally break down and buy Metro 2033 at $25?

Damn, I missed this deal.

I've been hearing great things about this game so it would have been worth $25 easily.

Damn, I missed this deal.

I've been hearing great things about this game so it would have been worth $25 easily.

I've had my GTX 480 for a little while now and let me tell you: I cranked this bad boy to DX 11 max on 1920X1200...and I about fell out of my chair.

My sister walks by from the other room and she goes: "Is THAT a game?!" and I said "Yup, and that's not a cutscene. That's the real game." and she basically couldn't make herself leave the room watching it.

Thankfully the gameplay is there to back it up. This game is a close cousin to STALKER for me.

If you've played those and you know all the quirks of those you'll be at home in this immediately.

I went for the THQ Pack at $50 because it was such a hell of a deal, even though I already owned Saints Row 2 and all the Red Faction games. I figured if there's even a couple of other games in it that "strike my fancy" in addition to this I'd easily more than get my value out of it.

I finally got Left 4 Dead 2 myself thanks to that deal and should be getting into that later today. For $10 that was another no brainer.

Saints Row 2 also has very weird issues with speed running on anything above XP.
I played Saints Row 2 on PS3 for a bit when I still had the GameFly sub, it was fun but I also just checked the review on Gamespot and the PC version only got a 6.8/10 mainly due to severe problems with the frame rate, hence no SR2 for me.

Will probably run shitty since your hardware is from 1984 ....
That answer is about as good as the question asked ...

Sigh, sale is over now ..., makes me a sad panda.

Steam needs to imho adjust their business model to have some software 60+ % off every day. They have thousands of titles, they could easily do it. Now that the sale is over I won't be checking their website (and "accidentally" buying stuff) till I read about another steam sale on here. If they kept daily sales I'd check it daily.

Steam needs to imho adjust their business model to have some software 60+ % off every day. They have thousands of titles, they could easily do it. Now that the sale is over I won't be checking their website (and "accidentally" buying stuff) till I read about another steam sale on here. If they kept daily sales I'd check it daily.
I'm sure they'll have weekend and mid-week sales again soon enough.

I grabbed Red Faction: Guerrilla for the $5 deal, looks interesting and something to try down the road. Now to catch up on actual gaming, including xmas sale deals from months ago... :eek:

mid week and weekend deals aren't enough for you? entitlement in America is at an all time high.

I'm sure they'll have weekend and mid-week sales again soon enough.

I grabbed Red Faction: Guerrilla for the $5 deal, looks interesting and something to try down the road. Now to catch up on actual gaming, including xmas sale deals from months ago... :eek:

Red Faction: Guerrilla is pretty good. I wasted many hours playing it on my laptop while I was in Iraq.

they have sales every week

they have sales every week

There is usually a sale every week for a couple games but like Spare-Flair said, the next big sale like the Summer sale wont happen until Christmas. It gives time for people to save up some dough :)

Weekend deals are sometimes even better than the summer ones. I bought the orange box for 10 bucks in a weekend deal.

Arg! A friend had an extra copy of Borderlands so I helped him (and myself) out by purchasing it. Wish I would have bought the DLC too. Not that I have time for any of it anyways.

Time to save up for the next wave :D

Disappointed that FEAR 2 did not have any sale at all.

Hopefully, we'll see better price cut for bigger titles like Bad Company 2 and Settlers 7 in the future.

fear 2 is a bargain at $20. I enjoyed it, it helps the originals start making sense....

There is usually a sale every week for a couple games but like Spare-Flair said, the next big sale like the Summer sale wont happen until Christmas. It gives time for people to save up some dough :)

Actually, the next big sale will be Thanksgiving, not Xmas.

There will probably be something for Halloween, too.

That's how last year went, anyway...

I fired up borderland again ( bought it at launch) and i dont know why i stopped playing it... what a good game to play in short burst!

I fired up borderland again ( bought it at launch) and i dont know why i stopped playing it... what a good game to play in short burst!

I finally picked up mad moxxi's underground riot or whatever it's called cause all the DLC was $3 a pop. It's nice too because a lot of my friends that I played BL with intitially just picked up all the DLC cause it was so cheap. Looks like I'm gonna be playing again too. :D

I finally picked up mad moxxi's underground riot or whatever it's called cause all the DLC was $3 a pop. It's nice too because a lot of my friends that I played BL with intitially just picked up all the DLC cause it was so cheap. Looks like I'm gonna be playing again too. :D

add me !

arr4ws

Oh man I picked up so many games... id Superpack, edios pack, ubisoft pack and several under $5 games individually.

I won't even be able to play all of them this year...I need to stop looking at the steam store!

I thoroughly enjoyed Saints Row 2. Ran fine on my Win 7 x64. There was one issue with the game black screening in the ronin airport mission but if you skip the cutscene right away it'll play nicely.

I thoroughly enjoyed Saints Row 2. Ran fine on my Win 7 x64. There was one issue with the game black screening in the ronin airport mission but if you skip the cutscene right away it'll play nicely.

I played a little bit of Saints Row 2 and was a little off put that I couldn't take to pedestrians, then I shot like 5 and nothing happened so I was like wtf is this shit and turned it off. I guess I will need to give it another shot, it's just not really like the rpg games I play at all.

I played a little bit of Saints Row 2 and was a little off put that I couldn't take to pedestrians, then I shot like 5 and nothing happened so I was like wtf is this shit and turned it off. I guess I will need to give it another shot, it's just not really like the rpg games I play at all.

It's sorta like GTA4 but much more fun missions and gun play. You don't get owned by cops and you can just blast the hell out of everything if you want. It's great. I hated GTA4's slow pacing of like, drive me here, wait, then drive me back, etc.

It's sorta like GTA4 but much more fun missions and gun play. You don't get owned by cops and you can just blast the hell out of everything if you want. It's great. I hated GTA4's slow pacing of like, drive me here, wait, then drive me back, etc.

I tried it again today and had some fun with it. Sure it ain't realistic in the slightest bit but once you get used to it, it can be fun.

Why should a game be "realistic" to be fun? My favs generally are not realistic in any sense, but loads of fun never the less.... :D

Sure it ain't realistic in the slightest bit but once you get used to it, it can be fun.

Volition and THQ would like to give their sincerest apologies for not making glorifying criminal behavior the true-to-life sim its fans demand.

Just bought the game and all the DLC. looking forward tot the game.

Bought Killing Floor. Plays very strangely coming from playing L4D. Feels slow and clunky. Not sure it's my cup of tea. I think the zombie apocalyse genre is handed much better in L4D, story driven, great dialogue I much prefer it..

Bought Killing Floor. Plays very strangely coming from playing L4D. Feels slow and clunky. Not sure it's my cup of tea. I think the zombie apocalyse genre is handed much better in L4D, story driven, great dialogue I much prefer it..

l4d has a story? :confused:

L4D story is just there to give the characters back-story. There is no story , no more so a story in games such a Unreal tournament,painkiller,serious sam,the original dooms.

I ended up only buying Red Orchestra. I had previously purchased much of the items that interested me in previous sales. I sold my video card and haven't received my new one yet so can't even play anything.

Back