Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 250GB SATA 7200 RPM 16MB Cache @ Monarch for 105

UltimaParadox

Supreme [H]ardness
No rebates, OEM though (3 year warranty)... Not a bad deal for a big SATA drive..
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...duct_Code=150417&Category_Code=SATAHardDrives
105 shipped

Manufacturer Part Number: 6B250S0

Features
Serial interfaces
Second-generation Serial ATA with 1.5Gb/sec interface speed
Native command queuing
16MB cache buffer
Fluid dynamic bearing motor for quiet operation
Shock Protection System™
Data Protection System™
Performance Specifications
Rotational Speed 7200 RPM
Buffer Size 16MB
External Data Transfer Rate(MB/sec)
Serial ATA 150
Average Seek (ms) <9.0
Average Latency (ms) 4.17
Reliability Specifications
Start/Stop Cycles (min) >50,000
Component Design Life (min) 5 years
Annualized Return Rate (ARR) <1%
Environmental Limits
Temperature
- Operating (°C) 0 to 60
- Non-operating (°C) -40 to 71
Shock
- Operating Mechanical Shock 2ms (G) 60
- Non-operating Mechanical Shock 2ms (G) 300
Physical Dimensions
Width (max mm) 101.6
Length (typical mm) 147
Height (max mm) 26.1
Weight max (LB) 1.39

OEM Product

Enjoy

EDIT* kirbyrj makes a good point for NewEgg shoppers
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144358
110 shipped

Newegg has the same deal for $1 more in SATA and $2 less if IDE. They also have the Maxline III's for $108 shipped I think.

I just picked one up from Newegg myself on Sunday. Got the package today and it didn't have the HDD in it :eek: . A phone call later they are sending it :rolleyes: . Good thing I don't need it right away.

first they have been at this price 4 awhile
second newegg 4 me =tax
third I have 2 laying around and am waiting for my new mobo to get here to test so I can lyk how loud they are l8r

Newegg has the maxline III 250gb oem sata (which is supposed to be slightly faster and more reliable) and has a 5 year warranty for $105 as well. Maxline3 drives are supposed to be more reliable. I know some, like me, have tax at the egg, but still, you also get 5 years warranty as opposed to 3 years for diamondmax10.

I have the DM3 300GB version and it works fine. It's quieter than my Raptor ;) .

They're pretty quiet. I dropped one in my TiVo, and I can hear just the slightest bit of noise when it's writing. It's certainly not at all annoying. Maybe if you're going for a silent rig, it would be too noisy, but even for HTPC rigs where you want it pretty close to silent, it's fine.

-Nate

ZZF has that same drive for a dollar less and with free second day shipping. Cant beat that. Newegg has it for 107 with $3 3 day shipping (not including tax to NJ, CA, and TN residents) so Id get from ZZF

FYI, if youre in CA, then youll pay tax on ZZF and newegg. Monarch is where you wanna order from. :p

Back