media player 11 on vista brightness issue.

kam03

Weaksauce
I just realised that the brightness is higher then it should be when playing videos on media player 11 (on vista).

I checked the brightness settings and all are on default value.

Here is a pic that shows the brightness clearly visible where as it should be totally black.

untitledfn2.jpg

Media player on left and VLC player on right (tested on xp and no problems)
28032007709na9.jpg

I opened the same video on VLC player and it displays the video the way it should so there is something wrong with media player 11?

Any solutions?

Thanks

Um, that's something that is present in all movies. Projected black is not the same exact thing as no-projection black, if that makes sense.

Um, that's something that is present in all movies. Projected black is not the same exact thing as no-projection black, if that makes sense.

how come its not present on vlc player? i loaded up xp and this shade of black is not present on the media player but is on vista media player, so there is soemthing that is causing this.

same clips played on two different players:

28032007709na9.jpg

What's the big deal? I mean, you aren't going to notice it if you are playing the movie.

Plus you used a camera to take a picture. The left one has more glare on it, making it look worse than it already is. Take screen captures if you really want to compare it.

I also challenge you to go stick that movie in a couple of TVs. You'll find the same thing.

What's the big deal? I mean, you aren't going to notice it if you are playing the movie.

Plus you used a camera to take a picture. The left one has more glare on it, making it look worse than it already is. Take screen captures if you really want to compare it.

I also challenge you to go stick that movie in a couple of TVs. You'll find the same thing.

I dont even know if you read the whole post. The whole point was that i noticed it so i posted the problem. You are to simple minded, which is why you cannot answer this question.

Media player 11 on xp doesn't have this problem but does on vista, which indicates that there is a problem on vista. And i cant screen capture it because VLC player doesn't support 3d aero theme so i can't take both pic's side by side thus i had to take the pic with a camera.

Ask your self this question why is the same video file shown on two different players have different brightness when their both on default settings? but on xp two players side by side dont have this issue and their displayed like it should be without it being overbright.

Ask your self this question why is the same video file shown on two different players have different brightness when their both on default settings? but on xp two players side by side dont have this issue and their displayed like it should be without it being overbright.
Maybe they have different default settings...? MYSTERY SOLVED!

-bZj

Perhaps Overlay is turned up in windows display settings? Go to display settings and make sure it's at default. Perhaps WMP is taking cues from there even though the settings inside WMP itself are at default.

View -> Enhancements -> Video Settings

Adjust the Brightness down 3 or 4 levels until the black level meets your expectations.

Perhaps Overlay is turned up in windows display settings? Go to display settings and make sure it's at default. Perhaps WMP is taking cues from there even though the settings inside WMP itself are at default.

Ok i cant find the overlay? it says its disabled?

Damit this new control panel sucks, argh no classic mode on vista.

Back