memtest #7, 9 & 11 errors on "stable" OC

el rolio

2[H]4U
hey quick question folks:

got a properly prime stable overclock going plus i mean anything in windows is stable

the ram is runnin at like 208, 2-3-2-10, or even 2-2-2-10 but i keep getting the same error in tests 7, 9 and 11, it gives the address etc and like what bit is off but it says 473.7MB everytime, telling me what i assume is the location that the memory address is pointing to in my ram setup that is *bad*?

im new to memtest, i was mostly running it to just go ahead and burn in the ram until i make the move to start pumpin volts to it, let me know what you folks think, thank you!

nevermind folks, downloaded newest memtest86+ and started it running before work.

got home and no errors at all, completed bout 14 hours, and about 50 passes no errors or fails. i guess the older version of the memtest i was using was bad/corrupt.

so yay. thanks all!

If I recall the problem with the old memtest was the A64 memory controller - memtest just didn't play nicely with it. As you've discovered, the new version resolved this problem.

Out of curiosity, can you state the previous version of memtest you were using, and the new one you're using now?

I want to know hold old the "old" version of memtest is that has problems with the A64 mem controller.

well im not entirely sure, it was a on a cd i burnt before this current build of machine. but it was the OCZ memtest, which you may know is some version they offered for download thats just a modified version of memtest86

sorry i couldnt be of more help thats all i remember.

Back