Men Who Post Selfies Show Psychopathic Tendencies

I think you are going wayyy overboard. Posting a single selfie is hardly indicative of pschopathy and the study doesn't claim that.

Its not as if this behavior didn't exist before social media, or doesn't exist outside of it.

The difference being that it used to be ostracized, ridiculed, and generally considered extremely pathetic... rather than an everyday thing to do on Facebook.

Why do ugly girls take selfies.

Because they think they are hot. They really do.

This sort of "study" getting press will become more and more common on the run up to Hilary's election run. This is not a coincidence. :(

Zarathustra[H];1041354500 said:
Disagree. Showing off of anything (your body, your car, the inside of your rig, your wealth etc. etc.) makes you kind of a douche.

Nice sig :p

Fair point :p

I consider it more of a way to find people on here with similar equipment to discuss and ask questions of, but I see where it could come across as "showing off".

Just had a guy PM me to invite me to a thread he started in the virtualization forums, as he was trying to do something I had done in the past. So it worked there :p

The difference being that it used to be ostracized, ridiculed, and generally considered extremely pathetic... rather than an everyday thing to do on Facebook.

Not really. The behavior has not changed. Social media is just another way to express it.

Honestly, anyone posting a "selfie" probably has some sort of psychopathic narcissistic issues.

Hmm, in a higher sense yes.

Gone are the days of the puritans who lived their lives "under heaven".

We live in the days where men and women live "under the sun" .

Vanity, vanity, all is vanity! There is nothing new under the sun!

One of these days we'll tell all the psychologists to collectively take a hike and get a real job.

That is supposed to be the difference between guys and girls.

Guy adopts a kitten, wants to show you the kitten, he aims the camera at it and snaps.

Girl adopts a kitten, wants to show you, she stands in front of the cat pointing the camera at her with the cat in the background over her shoulder and snaps.

lol, too much truth

I have girls who write to me on Zoosk all the time but I trust like 1/10 of them unless they are a nurse or something then they are usually as ugly as my mom.

I have girls who write to me on Zoosk all the time but I trust like 1/10 of them unless they are a nurse or something then they are usually as ugly as my mom.

How to meet women over the internet successfully.

Step 1) Meet over internet.

Step 2) Exchange pics/messages etc.

Step 3) Agree to meet somewhere.

Step 4) Super Important! Insist on a public location and that she wear a highly identifiable shirt color. Arrive at least half an hour earlier and establish a location nearby. Do not Wear what you promised to wear, also have something that allows you to hide your face in the event you actually sent her real pictures (hats, hoodies, sunglasses, etc).

Step 5) Evaluate the female who shows up wearing said shirt. If she didn't lie, go change into what you agreed on and meet her. If she is the spawn of something that looks like a manatee, just leave undetected, block and delete her profile and repeat step 1.

Hmm, in a higher sense yes.

Gone are the days of the puritans who lived their lives "under heaven".

We live in the days where men and women live "under the sun" .

Vanity, vanity, all is vanity! There is nothing new under the sun!

Username checks out :D

How to meet women over the internet successfully.

Step 1) Meet over internet.

Step 2) Exchange pics/messages etc.

Step 3) Agree to meet somewhere.

Step 4) Super Important! Insist on a public location and that she wear a highly identifiable shirt color. Arrive at least half an hour earlier and establish a location nearby. Do not Wear what you promised to wear, also have something that allows you to hide your face in the event you actually sent her real pictures (hats, hoodies, sunglasses, etc).

Step 5) Evaluate the female who shows up wearing said shirt. If she didn't lie, go change into what you agreed on and meet her. If she is the spawn of something that looks like a manatee, just leave undetected, block and delete her profile and repeat step 1.

Or you could just not be pathetic and not meet girls online :p

Back