Microsoft To Celebrate Windows 10 Launch Around The World On July 29

HardOCP News

[H] News
On Monday, Microsoft Corp. announced its plans to launch Windows 10 on July 29 with global fan celebrations, joint efforts with thousands of retailers, including all Microsoft store locations, a new global advertising campaign, and a new year-long initiative to celebrate people and organizations making a difference around the world. Available for the first time as a free upgrade*, Windows 10 delivers a fast and familiar experience that is more secure and automatically up-to-date. Featuring new innovations like Cortana**, Microsoft Edge and Xbox integration, Windows 10 is the best Windows ever.

Surprised they didn't do a House Party thing like they did with Windows 7. I still have some stuff from the House Party kit they sent.

Yay, let's celebrate removed features that I still use!

How wonderful!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh, is it time to upgrade, again? Did they get the "Let's make a desktop OS look like a sliding tile game!" out of their system?

Fat chance. I'm still waiting for the dumbass ribbon to be abolished and Outlook to handle html and images.

Windows 10 is the best Windows ever.

The very last line.....

I thought the best windows was the one that did what you wanted not what they wanted?

Windows hasn't done what I wanted since Win7 and technically that doesn't do everything I want. It just does games better... than my other choices I have.

Surprised they didn't do a House Party thing like they did with Windows 7. I still have some stuff from the House Party kit they sent.

Ha! yeah me too. it's sitting on top of my desk at the house:D

Won't be upgrading my HTPC, since that "Feature" is not even available as a paid option in 10.
That's one system that will be running Windows 7 for a very long time.

Hey MS, why does a retail copy of 10 cost half as much as a basic system? Why cant they give it away for like $25 like they did when 8.0 first came out. I am not spending $150-200 a head, and have to do it again if my mobo takes a shit...

Oh the fun calling ms because the mobo died, used every single piece of the old system down to the cpu, and yet they thought i was a pirate...

Eh could be worse, remember the vista days where you would activate before installing mobo/video card drivers, and then when you did too many things changes and it got nuked?

Hey MS, why does a retail copy of 10 cost half as much as a basic system? Why cant they give it away for like $25 like they did when 8.0 first came out. I am not spending $150-200 a head, and have to do it again if my mobo takes a shit...

Oh the fun calling ms because the mobo died, used every single piece of the old system down to the cpu, and yet they thought i was a pirate...

Eh could be worse, remember the vista days where you would activate before installing mobo/video card drivers, and then when you did too many things changes and it got nuked?

You know you can upgrade for free right?

How wonderful!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Such as? They did not remove any features but in fact, added a great many back in that had been previously removed.

Such as? They did not remove any features but in fact, added a great many back in that had been previously removed.

Ah, I had forgotten about Windows Media Center that I do not use anymore. If you use that then yes, you will want to stick with what you have. At least until something else is available.

You know you can upgrade for free right?

If you have an oem copy of 7/8, and your mobo nukes, you can phone in after replacing it, and they will re-validate the install.

With 10 the key is consumed at install. If you mobo nukes, well better shell out another $100+ along with your $30-75 base mobo.

Been running Windows 10 for a couple weeks now. Seems to work fine.

Really want SteamOS.

I have a feeling a lot of people will be sitting on Win7 for a good bit.

Back