more people at the Intel forums

empoy

Limp Gawd
this is the first time that I've seen more people viewing Intel forums than AMD :)
21 (Intel) vs 13 (AMD)

I'm glad to be a part of it. :) I would expect the closer we get to Conroe's release the more people will come.

OK I feel liek a complete noob, as I don't even know where you guys are seeing the number of viewers listed... Can someone point me in the right direction?

55 Amd 17 Intel!

I am so glad so many people have seen the light!!!

AMD is always going to have more forum visitors as there are more people seeking help. with that unstable platform. Say it isn't so. Sorry but thats the facts of it.

J-Mag said:
OK I feel liek a complete noob, as I don't even know where you guys are seeing the number of viewers listed... Can someone point me in the right direction?

NEWBIE! http://www.hardforum.com/index.php?

now look right next to the forum title.

AMD Processors (36 Viewing)

Intel Processors (23 Viewing)

There's been an influx of trolls trying to argue that Conroe will NOT kick ass, is probably the reason for the higher count in Intel forum lately.

chrisf6969 said:
NEWBIE! http://www.hardforum.com/index.php?

now look right next to the forum title.

AMD Processors (36 Viewing)

Intel Processors (23 Viewing)

There's been an influx of trolls trying to argue that Conroe will NOT kick ass, is probably the reason for the higher count in Intel forum lately.

OH GOD! I SEE THE LIGHT!

Seriously though I can't believe my eyes just skimmed over, because I was actually looking at that page trying to figure it out. I guess I can only read in bold :confused:

I keep seeing threads like this. We all know everyone is flocking to intel. No one wants to be on the U.S.S. AMD when it sinks to the bottom of the sea :( . Ha, metaphores

Just Goes to show:
" If you make it kick ass, they will come" (c)

Rugeroni said:
wow so does this mean less problems with intel systems?

I think thats why there's usually less action in the Intel forums, less problems to talk about. Look in the AMD motherboard forums and you see everyone talking about their problems. (agp drivers, chipset drivers, etc..)

With Intel, you "set it & forget". (chipset drivers, etc)

I do forsee a lot of fan-tastic-boys flocking to Intel. Its like the guy at a bar, who cheers for which ever team is winning so he can always feel like he's winning. Or the guy on a PC game server who switches teams if his team starts to lose. (seen that a million times)

Not that there's anything wrong with wanting the best hardware.

But buying a new team jersey (ex: Niners) to wear 24-7 and pimp, then a few weeks later a new team is headed for the playoffs so you jump ship and start bragging that you're a Patriot fan.

939 had an advantage over Intel for a while. Which I think has passed even now, since CedarMill and Presler have come out to let the P4 architecture stretch its legs at the speeds it needs (on air cooling, easily) Just wait until Conroe (dual core Pentium M on crack) comes out on 65nm process with 2x faster FSB!!

$BangforThe$ said:
AMD is always going to have more forum visitors as there are more people seeking help. with that unstable platform. Say it isn't so. Sorry but thats the facts of it.

Because thats the ONLY possible explanation :rolleyes:

Obi_Kwiet said:
What's with the sudden influx of Intel fan boys?
!!!!!!s, sure, or guys who have felt suffocated under the AMD !!!!!!s and their performance crown. You should expect that guys are going to be saying "Now it's your old technology vs our new technology, how do you like it?" To be fair, the AMD !!!!!!s are directly provoking it. But it's so common that you really shouldn't be surprised to see it with Conroe right over the horizon.

I really don't care how many each forum has in it at one time - just because the AMD forum has more people in it just means there's more people still reaping the benefits and overclocking of their superior processors. Things might change when true enthusiasts make the change, but who cares how many people look where?

My wife's old 3.2 C is by today's standerds still a very good Cpu. It served me well and now it serve's her well. AMD never built a Cpu that could match it in all around usage until the X2 models. Sure the FX models were better gamers, In benchmarks but in real world games there really wasn't much of a differance except the price of the very much overpriced FX. I look for AMD fans to rally around this fact now that things are changing . But it has been a fact all along its just the amd side never reconized that fact,

The fact is up until conroe. Intels 3.2c was the best CPU ever produce.

I beg to differ. The 3000+ and the 3.0C would pretty much be neck in neck (excluding multimedia programs). the A64's have been a very good staple for gamers for over 2 years now.

As far as individuals stating that "less people on the Intel forum means less problems with their chipsets". Sigh, let this go. Intel has had chipsets with issues as well. Cough.. RAMBUS... COUGH... Bottom line is this... as of initial impressions, Conroe looks to be very promising, and a nice rebound for Intel. This will hopfully push AMD to put out a better chip, just as the A64's and X2's have pushed Intel. Competition is a good thing for all of us. However, nobody on a consumer basis has a Conroe. Nobody. All we have right now are benchmarks. Impressive benchmarks, but still benchmarks. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Before the flame-beating begins, my first box was an Intel P90, Intel P200, P600EB with Rambus ::stupid, i know, got taken in on the hype), AMD 2000+, Intel 3.0C, and now Opty175. Lets exhaust that silliness before it even begins.

Most people have preferences as to what major brands they prefer to have. Nvidia vs. Ati, Intel vs. AMD., Ford vs. Chevy, ::Thank god for Honda:: Lets try to tone down the heat that is radiating from this thread (Granted the title doesn't help).

I did say all around CPU and you come back and say bla bla except for multi tasking. That leaves gaming basicly for amd and that was in bench marks . In the next few weeks you will discover and rally around the fact that in real world gameing they are pretty much even . A fact the AMDer's are now ready to except because of conroe.

I'd rather say it's connected to prices of 805 d and 920 d cpus than conroe benchmarks :D It's kind of funny it costed me less to get dual core system than cheapest a64 cpu.

HyperTension said:
Before the flame-beating begins, my first box was an Intel P90, Intel P200, P600EB with Rambus ::stupid, i know, got taken in on the hype), AMD 2000+, Intel 3.0C, and now Opty175. Lets exhaust that silliness before it even begins.
P90??? Mine was a PC XT.:eek: Clone, that is. Back when they called them clones. Followed by a pieced-together 286 to a Gateway 486 and to my current P4 Northwood system.

Conroe has me actually thinking about a doing a major upgrade in less than my normal 7 year cylce!:D

::grins:: Those were personal pc's. Apple II, IIc, 286, 386 sx16 W000T!!!, 386DX, and 486 were the ones I got edu-mu-cated on. Until I went with the 2000+, I was pretty much solid intel. (I dont count apple, sorry).

Wow, transitioning from a 286 to a 486.. That was a major set. Hell, I was stoked with the move from MS-Dos 3 to Dos 5, and Dos 6.0 (Fear the power of Dosshell). The sad part is that i'm still a nub when it comes to PC's. Have 2 friends that like to talk smack about overclocking their p75 / p90. One of them claims to have overclocked his 486. Not sure how he did that, but thats cool if he really did.

LOL Eclipse.. that was good for a chuckle...

Back