Mousepads.. Which one you guys like?

roper512

Limp Gawd
I have a G5 laser mouse which I'm loving but want to know what mousepads are out now and what people like the most.. I have a funcpad MBA which I got quite a while back and I know they have new funcpads now.. I also heard there's a new ratpad out.. What do you guys think?

Thanks

I went through 5 or 6 mousepads, and finally settled on an Ultimat (teflon coated aluminum). I havent tried a Ratzpad, but i like my mousepads to be silky smooth. Im a very high sensitivity gamer

roper512 said:
I also heard there's a new ratpad out.. What do you guys think?

I just got the XT, and it works really well with my MX518.
I definately recommend the XT.

i have an mx1000 and a ratpad gs and idon't even use it. granted i don't play cs competitively anymore, but i don't really notice the difference. plus it at the feet off of my mouse >(

I've always been a fan of CS-hyde mats. Cheap, perform extremely well and I like the metal bronze look.

The Ratpadz XT is great, I just replaced my Razer eXactMat with it. Much smoother compared to the Func 1030 as well. I'm able to score headshots pretty easily now.

I have a standard Allsop you can pick up anywhere and I love it. I contemplated getting an expensive mousepad but I love the way my Allsop feels so I figured why bother?

Well I just picked up a piece of construction paper and laminated it and am using that as my mouse pad for my MS 3.0. It’s cheap and works really well; also you can cut the construction paper to be as big or as small as you want it to be so it perfectly fits your desk.

I also have a G5 and I like the X-Ray Thunder 8 (rough).

My friend had the Thunder 9 and I tried it and I was like WOW I need one. So I got one.
Then my brother tried mine and he was like WOW I need one. So he got a Thunder 9.

Thunder 8 is smaller and double sided (Rough and smooth) and Thunder nine is one sided and very large.

Only thing is I wish they would make them cheaper and cut down on the gimmicks like the thunder 8 comes with a metal case and the thunder 9 comes with a fabric carrying bag. Neat, but not necessary.

I'm thinking of maybe getting a customized func pad next.

i seriously dont know why people would pay 50$ for a stupid mousepad....u can get a great one from compusa for like 3-4$....

These are more like mouse mats or platforms than traditional pads, FWIW.

Me, I'm still kicking along with my Ratpadz GS (three years and change now).

Eragon Dragonslayer said:
i seriously dont know why people would pay 50$ for a stupid mousepad....u can get a great one from compusa for like 3-4$....

They are overpriced but they are also way better then the compusa $3-4 kind. Most gaming mouse pads are about $20-$30. I wouldn't have ever bought one, until I tried it out and was impressed by how good it was.

The RatPadz XT is nice. I have one for the computer I do my video card evaluations on.

But my fulltime gaming mousepad is a Bansheepad.

Neither do I. Of course there are almost none that cost that much though. I payed $20 for my eXactMat and before that $15 for a fUnc 1030. Reasonable, considering thats about 7 cups of coffee from Starbucks.

G15 Keyboard $70, G7 Mouse $70, Ratpad XT $25, Perfect Gaming Experience PRICELESS....

Wildace said:
G15 Keyboard $70, G7 Mouse $70, Ratpad XT $25, Perfect Gaming Experience PRICELESS....

Lol I have the same setup, just a steelpad instead of the ratpad. I agree when you say priceless!

Bop said:
The Ratpadz XT is great, I just replaced my Razer eXactMat with it. Much smoother compared to the Func 1030 as well. I'm able to score headshots pretty easily now.

Im currently using a razer exactmat, gotta say I love it, flip it over for a rougher side, flip it over again for a smoother side :p I love it.

Func 1030 Alienware branded. Had it for 2 years now, and still never tested the coarse side.

Add some mouse skates, and off ya go!

If you want a hard pad get the new Ratpadz XT.
If you want a soft/cloth pad (or you want low mouse sensitivity) get a Steelpad QcK+.

Wildace said:

i bet tons of people could easily kill someone with the best setup with a crappy keyboard,crappy optical mouse, and a regular mousepad...just cuz they have that stuff doesnt make them 1337....its skill...

i bet tons of people could easily kill someone with the best setup with a crappy keyboard,crappy optical mouse, and a regular mousepad...just cuz they have that stuff doesnt make them 1337....its skill...

the only person talking about skill is you.

but now that you mention it... better equipment does help and you cant say it doesnt. anything that improves the human-pc interface is going to improve not just the fun factor of a game but to some people it will also improve abilitys in a game if your being limited by your equipment.

so say you have a crappy optical mouse. you would never be as accurate with it as an Equally skilled player with say a G7 or similer high end mouse.

same goes for a keyboard. as mentioned in the thread already crappy keyboards have a limit of 3 key's pressed at once while high end keyboards can have 7 or 8 and that is VERY important my pc has beeped so many times from using a crappy keyboard and trying to do too much stuff and it doesnt just beep at you it stops all the keys that you were pressing from working until you repress them.

running and hitting that 4th key and stoping in place just to be shot? sounds like a hardware issue to me.

ofcourse skill plays a part but so does the equipment.

If any of you guys registered on the HardForum want to try out a Ratpadz XT, I will extend a money back guarantee to you. If you don't like it, just contact us, and we will get it arranged for you to send it back (we will pay for return shipping) and we will give you your money back. That simple. :)

Personally, I still employ my Best Buy labeled mousepad that I purchased 6 years ago when I built my first custom computer. I've tried an acquaintance's Ratpad from maybe 2 years ago and I simply didn't enjoy the texture or how I reacted to it. No offense though, Kyle. A lot of people like the Ratpadz series, so you guys must be doing something right.

Dark Assassin

Personally I don't see how I can live without a "professional" mousepad anymore - using a mouse without one seems like there's too much friction.

My first was the original Ratzpad - Great and my little bro is still using it (handed down the computer)

2nd was the 2nd Ratzpad. I think it was actually better than the original - until the surface got worn down and then it wasn't much better than the desk :(

Now I'm on the Thunder Pad 9 (smooth). I wanted an icemat, but everywhere was sold out and I was impatient. It's cheaper than the icemat too.

I've used a Thunder Pad 8 at work (needed the smaller surface). I bought everyone else those Aessop (sp?) ones which work ok (especially with new teflon tape on their mice), but they just don't compare to the better pads.

Back