MSI IM-Q35 - mITX, PCIx16, s775 goodness

CrimandEvil

Dick with a heart of gold
ITX Depot has MSI's new Q35 (assuming it's new since this is the first I've seen of it) instock.
http://www.itxdepot.com/xcart/product.php?productid=1880&cat=32140&page=1

It looks awesome, especially since I had just gave up on finding a mITX board to swap into my KPC (nice case, basic mobo) turning it into a nice little gaming rig. Now I'm considering selling the DFI lanparty JR P45 T2RS I just bought. lol

:cries: So damn expensive! Does anyone make a S/ 775 mini itx mobo with pci-e 16x or even down to 4x for under $200?

Would be nice if they dropped the VGA, serial and PS/2 ports and replaced them with DVI / HDMI, more USB and firewire ports.

The ALC8xx series audio chips from Realtek are pretty damn good for onboard audio. I know a number of people who have ditched their PCI / PCIe sound cards in favor these on their motherboards.

I have tons of trouble with my realtek audio, so I use a old soundblaster "live!" pci card, Mmmmm, p'n'p!

Care to elaborate on the "tons of trouble" you have with your Realtek audio chip? Also, what motherboard and which Realtek audio chip?

Some ECS one, probably drivers, I don't mind using the soundcard. Easier than finding drivers it seems.

Bump/question
Does anyone know of a 16x pcie board that is mini itx, that isn't hideously expensive?
I already found the VIA one that costs even more than the msi, and with a c7, I want more computing power than a c7 allows, power savings don't matter much

I saw that already, and, I thought graphics cards needed more than 1x pci e bandwidth.
Thanks for looking though..
Intel is stupid, they could put a 16x slot on it easily, but no, we'll wait a few months, and charge 2 times as much as a motherboard of that chipset is worth, Wow I hope I'm wrong

J&W 780G mini itx w/ x16 (x4 2.0)

I have this board and it is quite the itx board. the onboard video is way more powerful than i ever believed. It has a huge overclocking section (for a mini itx board.) I can get 2.8 with the onboard video and with a pci-e video card i can get 3.0 with a 4850e and a 37mm tall hsf :eek:

got it from compgeeks for 189.99 also available here Link
Compgeeks
Link

Its not in stock now but they get them in from time to time. the first link is J&W north American reseller so when they have it in stock other will have it.

Awww, It uses laptop memory, but I like amd better than intel, and I can buy a processor and ram with the savings, Thanks!

It's sure got a lot of caps!

watch out for the large vrm's surface mounted to the back of the board. I fried my first one by not isolating the mobo backplate.

Insulating, and :furthercrying: I hate it when I or anyone else kills a motherboard before even getting into the bios and seeing what kind of OCing it can do...

best [486];1032970550 said:
I saw that already, and, I thought graphics cards needed more than 1x pci e bandwidth.
Thanks for looking though..
Intel is stupid, they could put a 16x slot on it easily, but no, we'll wait a few months, and charge 2 times as much as a motherboard of that chipset is worth, Wow I hope I'm wrong

true , dont know whats $100 worth on an 16x slot .

Cool! someone agreed with me! I got the money to get it, but spending money sucks, even though it has literally no [real] value any more, Huh, the only real way to have something of value is to have something someone else wants, kinda like gold is worthless to a starving person but food is the "gold" type standard. Huh, intel, or amd, I won't need a new cpu or ram for the intel board, and msi is a very good brand in my experience, never heard of J&W before...

Back