MSI N560GTX-Ti 448 Twin Frozer III PE/OC $289.99@Amazon

Amazon deal is better. Free shipping. No pesky MIR. Less costs. Elgible for free 2 day shipping if you have a prime account. Sold directly from Amazon.

Amazon deal is better. Free shipping. No pesky MIR. Less costs. Elgible for free 2 day shipping if you have a prime account. Sold directly from Amazon.

I don't think so...with Newegg you apply a code which gives $20 off which in turn makes it the same price as Amazon and you also get free shipping through Newegg. The rebate listed on Newegg doesn't state you have to buy it through Newegg so it probably would work with Amazon as well. Either way...both are the same deal.

I think the coupon will work. I just ordered one from Amazon. :)

hey for those living in Cali and want to order from Amazon, I'm not sure if this matters

http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfornewegg/rebate/SH/MSI17MIRsFeb01Feb2912cd12.pdf

thats the link to newegg' MSI rebate. it says on the right hand side, valid for purchases at ALL RESELLERS...i also went to the MSI 4myrebate site and look up the offer code, and indeed it does say all resellers...and Tiger Direct also has an MIR for this exact card, but their promo page says it MUST BE from tiger direct, etc

so I'm thinking it might work if you buy from Amazon at $289 and get the $30 rebate as well..plus avoid the cali tax...because it will look like this if you live in Cali

Newegg = $309.99 + $25.37 sales tax - $20 promo code - $30 MIR = $285.36

Amazon = $289.99 - $30 MIR = $259.99

I'm not 100% sure if it will work...but I can't see why they would deny it...it clearly says ALL resellers...so as long as you have a valid receipt from a dealer...and not like a paypal transaction, I'm sure they would accept it

thoughts?

hey for those living in Cali and want to order from Amazon, I'm not sure if this matters

http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfornewegg/rebate/SH/MSI17MIRsFeb01Feb2912cd12.pdf

thats the link to newegg' MSI rebate. it says on the right hand side, valid for purchases at ALL RESELLERS...i also went to the MSI 4myrebate site and look up the offer code, and indeed it does say all resellers...and Tiger Direct also has an MIR for this exact card, but their promo page says it MUST BE from tiger direct, etc

so I'm thinking it might work if you buy from Amazon at $289 and get the $30 rebate as well..plus avoid the cali tax...because it will look like this if you live in Cali

I'm not 100% sure if it will work...but I can't see why they would deny it...it clearly says ALL resellers...so as long as you have a valid receipt from a dealer...and not like a paypal transaction, I'm sure they would accept it

thoughts?

My only thought is that you probably wont pay tax on the $20 that is promo'd off, so it would be just a couple bucks cheaper than that

My only thought is that you probably wont pay tax on the $20 that is promo'd off, so it would be just a couple bucks cheaper than that

well those are the numbers that i got when i punched everything in and went to check out...so its as accurate as can be...only thing different, possibly charging less tax if you live in another county? I'm in LA County, which currently has 8.75% rate

Is there ever going to be a 460 deal?

I'm sure there was and is. Gtx 560 ti 448 is a very unique card in its design and naming. Closer to being a GTX 570 than a GTX 560 ti.

ADded information in first post for $30 MIR.

Price is $259.99 after MIR.

Last edited:
What kind of warranty does MSI have?
I'm in the market for a new card cause my old GTX280 is dying on me.
But I want a reliable card that runs cool.

If I recall, it's three years based off the manufacture date linked to the serial number. No receipt needed, so the warranty does transfer to the second owner if the card is sold.

What kind of warranty does MSI have?
I'm in the market for a new card cause my old GTX280 is dying on me.
But I want a reliable card that runs cool.

Update. Amazon now has the $30 rebate at their WEB site. Good deal. :)

tax or no tax, $10 difference here or $20 difference there is no matter - because besides *usually* being lower priced than elsewhere, Amazon is worth it to me for the return policy alone. Newegg will charge you a restocking fee by >default< and you have to hassle with contacting them by phone or live chat ahead of your return to beg for them to waive it. And which they'll simply refuse on a lot of items.

And then there's the annoying issue of Newegg charging me california sales tax but shipping an item from their east coast warehouse instead of CA so I don't receive the item for a week.

Sorry, but Amazon is just much more of a known quantity in every way. I really have to have NO other options before I'm buying anything from Newegg these days.

Amazon just delivered my card. That was fast. Looks good. I'm happy.

where did your card ship from sonda5? and did you opt for overnight shipping? cuz that was quick

where did your card ship from sonda5? and did you opt for overnight shipping? cuz that was quick

Left from Phoenix Arizona shortly after ordering on Saturday night and shipped to Los Angeles this morning. Ontrac shipping was used.

It was faster than normal. I have prime and qualified for 2 day shipping but when I placed the order it was originally scheduled for delivery on Wednesday. I guess 2 day shipping is usually monday-Friday. Happy that they got it to me so fast.

Sonda I thought you had a 470. Why get this?

My water cooled GTX 470 is a beast. From everything that I have researched the GTX 560ti 448 is at best 4-6% better than the GTX 470. So not really much of an upgrade as far as raw performance but runs a little cooler and draws less power.

I had a little money saved up for a video card upgrade and was planning on getting a 28nm card however with the recent high pricing, driver issues and uncertainty of date of availability of newer 28nm cards I decided to save a little money and get a solid card that I could enjoy at 1920x1080 resolutions and have fun learning how to tweak. When I get a card I enjoy playing games with them and tweaking them with cooling and BIOS tweeks for over stable over clocking. All part of the fun of having a card. I found my peace with the GTX 470 and had a need to play with something different. GTX 560 ti 448 is a very interesting card that I think may have some nice tweaking potential. I'm going to have fun with. Already trying to figure out how to water cool it.

Another factor that helped me make the decision was the good deal on the GTX 560ti 448. I love getting a good deal and I doubt I will see a hot deal on a 28nm video card any time soon.

I still want to get a 28nm video card but will now wait till Summer which is when I anticipate true hot deals on 28nm cards will be available. If i can sale my GTX 560ti 448 in summer for at least $200 in may or June I will be happy. If less than that well then I will live. Seems like a safe card to have right now for value, performance, fun and resale ability.

The GTX 470 with the water block is for sale in the sale forums if anyone is interested.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1671377

I still have my $40 google code offer for Newegg which expires on February 26th. If I don't use it they reimburse the $20 that I paid for it. I wonder if there will be a better video card deal before then. I was hoping for the 600 series to come out and for the 500 series to be discounted a bit before using the google offer, but it looks like that won't be happening...

Is this the best deal you all have seen for a card of this caliber?

I still have my $40 google code offer for Newegg which expires on February 26th. If I don't use it they reimburse the $20 that I paid for it. I wonder if there will be a better video card deal before then. I was hoping for the 600 series to come out and for the 500 series to be discounted a bit before using the google offer, but it looks like that won't be happening...

Is this the best deal you all have seen for a card of this caliber?

so far...yes...it was $259 AMIR i think a month ago....but now its $249 AMIR...so coupled with your $40 google coupon...its quite a deal you got there

How is this even a hot deal? You could get a 6950 2GB, same performance, for less than $250 for the last year, and it uses much less power and has more vRAM.

How is this even a hot deal? You could get a 6950 2GB, same performance, for less than $250 for the last year, and it uses much less power and has more vRAM.

These cards exchange blows on a number of different benchmarks and games. Really comes down to what you want but they are very close in real word performance. One thing about this deal is that this isn't your average GTX 560 ti 448. This is MSI's top dog flavor of the card. It allows for triple voltage tweaking settings which I don't think any other GTX 560 ti 448 cards do.

To match this card in HD6950 flavor you would want to compare the MSI HD6950 2BG Twin Frozr iii PE/OC version http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127575 Much more money.

At this price point I think the GTX 560 ti 448 is the better deal and I prefer the NVIDIA card to the HD6950. So it also comes down to what you prefer.

These cards exchange blows on a number of different benchmarks and games. Really comes down to what you want but they are very close in real word performance. One thing about this deal is that this isn't your average GTX 560 ti 448. This is MSI's top dog flavor of the card. It allows for triple voltage tweaking settings which I don't think any other GTX 560 ti 448 cards do.

To match this card in HD6950 flavor you would want to compare the MSI HD6950 2BG Twin Frozr iii PE/OC version http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127575 Much more money.

At this price point I think the GTX 560 ti 448 is the better deal and I prefer the NVIDIA card to the HD6950. So it also comes down to what you prefer.

exactly...this is the MSI Twin Frozr 3 power edition...with the much better cooler, and also the PCB is designed to allow triple over voltage and military grade components...etc

MSI doesn't make a vanilla version...if they did, it would be much cheaper too

exactly...this is the MSI Twin Frozr 3 power edition...with the much better cooler, and also the PCB is designed to allow triple over voltage and military grade components...etc

MSI doesn't make a vanilla version...if they did, it would be much cheaper too
Hate to burst your bubble gents, but the only reason you need a better cooler is because the card is so hot in the first place. By contrast, a reference 6950 is just as quiet because the fan never has to ramp up, even when you overclock it. And all the voltage options on the PCB in the world doesn't matter when you're already starting with a bad chip. Even if you can get this thing to the ~950MHz range, it's still only going to be as fast as an overclocked 6950, only much hotter and without the 2GB of vRAM, and that 6950 is something you could have had this time last year for ~$230. This isn't a good deal, no matter how you look at it.

Hate to burst your bubble gents, but the only reason you need a better cooler is because the card is so hot in the first place. By contrast, a reference 6950 is just as quiet because the fan never has to ramp up, even when you overclock it. And all the voltage options on the PCB in the world doesn't matter when you're already starting with a bad chip. Even if you can get this thing to the ~950MHz range, it's still only going to be as fast as an overclocked 6950, only much hotter and without the 2GB of vRAM, and that 6950 is something you could have had this time last year for ~$230. This isn't a good deal, no matter how you look at it.

whatever you say boss :p

Okay guy, then don't buy one. But this is clearly a great option in the eyes of many for various reasons. No need to blow smoke.

Anyhow... I got one of these cards from a member here, but sadly it was tango uniform. Wish it had worked! I've been downgrading: 6970 > 560ti 448 TF iii > 6870. What's next? I do have an old 7600GT XXX laying around somewhere.... Ha!

Okay guy, then don't buy one. But this is clearly a great option in the eyes of many for various reasons. No need to blow smoke.

Anyhow... I got one of these cards from a member here, but sadly it was tango uniform. Wish it had worked! I've been downgrading: 6970 > 560ti 448 TF iii > 6870. What's next? I do have an old 7600GT XXX laying around somewhere.... Ha!
Yeah, what a "great option." :rolleyes: Honestly, I don't know why some of you come to [H] and then make noob decisions. Anyway, point made to those discerning consumers, no point carrying this further.

I like how MSI decided to make the back plate look prettier with the "MSI" instead of actually focusing on the card dissipating heat more efficiently.

Back