MSI P67S-C43 LGA1155 (Sandy Bridge P67): $103.99 + shipping

I was looking at this board earlier. Couldn't see a whole lot of differences between it and the boards that are running closer to $150 mark. Looks like it lacks USB3 and a more advanced on board sound solution?

I was looking at this board earlier. Couldn't see a whole lot of differences between it and the boards that are running closer to $150 mark. Looks like it lacks USB3 and a more advanced on board sound solution?

The things that stuck out to me were the lack of SLI/Crossfire and its weaker power regulation (VRMs) than on the more expensive MSI models. I'm not concerned with either issue considering I don't use multi-GPU setups and SB OCs to 4.4+ with very little voltage. I think the extra VRMs are overkill.

looks like a nice board if you don't need crossfire/SLI support. congrats on a good buy OP. put that $50 you saved into RAM or a nicer GPU :D

So why buy a MB if you cant get a proc yet? Or am I missing something?

well if you live by microcenter then youll pick it up jan 9th then have this hopefully get to your house soon after that

SATA III is the same as SATA 6 GB/s, right? I think I may go with this board. I don't care about crossfire/SLI and the only things I'd even remotely miss are USB 3.0, eSATA, and bluetooth.

Besides, couldn't USB and eSATA be added later with PCI cards, and would there be any disadvantage to doing so (saturating PCI lanes)?

Last edited:
Thanks, OP. I almost pulled the trigger earlier this week on a Gigabyte UD3, but I felt that was a bit of a waste since even low-performance Crossfire is not important to me.

Now that we know SB isn't launching retail until Sunday, this board should definitely be here in time since 2nd Day Air was only a couple bucks more.

After the Newegg GC promo over Xmas bringing 8GB memory down to $23 for me, $126 for this board and Microcenter offering the 2500k for $180 on launch day, this is turning out to be the best bang-for-buck build I've ever made by far. I'm really tempted to take my savings and unload my Nvidia 260 for an AMD 6950.

Well, I bit. $115 shipped. Now I just need a PSU and the processor. Any (value, budget, etc) PSU recommendations for an i5 2500k and 5870 1GB? :p

You could probably get away with 500W if you buy a quality psu.

My 6950 + Q6600 pull about 330W from the wall running furmark in burn mode and IBT.

Right again. It has 3 regular PCI slots.

Huh, I didn't even see that. Brand new socket with a whole lot of legacy connections. Strange mix but for the price and the features you do get, you can't beat it.

I'm never buying a mobo without Crossfire/SLI support again. If I had just spent $20 more on a motherboard when I purchased mine, I'd be able to buy another 4850 for ~$30-40 and get the performance of 5850. Instead, I'll either have to spend at least $160 on a video card upgrade or change my motherboard.

Thanks for the recommendation. Also, thanks for the info DryFire.

Mine shipped about five hours after I placed my order. I chose the cheapest shipping option (UPS ground) and it is estimated to be here tomorrow. Ships from Sunnyvale CA; I'm in UT.

Regarding not having SLI/Crossfire, this isn't a big deal to me. I expect I'll only upgrade my GPU in 2-3 years, at which time it will surely be more cost-effective to simply get a new single-card solution.

Back