music player

Simon

Weaksauce
Whats everyone using to play music these days?

I still use winamp.

Been using it for like 13 years now. Probably my longest used piece of software next to windows.

I like Media Monkey. I rocked an old version of winamp for a long time, but it was just a little too clunky.

I don't listen to music on the computer nearly as much as I used to, but WMP 12 for me. I used WinAmp for 10 years and retired it after moving from XP to Windows 7 and trying out Media Player 12.

itunes, makes the most sense to me plus I have an ipod touch

You can sync iTunes Plus content with Media Monkey. Most music purchased from iTunes these days is DRM-free iTunes Plus: AAC in a standard MP4 container.

If you don't purchase anything from iTunes, then you can use Media Monkey for that too.

I've had it in the past, too cluttered, less intuitive. dont know how it is now. iTunes works for me, its fast and mp3s sound the same as any other player :)

I've had it in the past, too cluttered, less intuitive. dont know how it is now. iTunes works for me, its fast and mp3s sound the same as any other player :)
It's interface is laid out exactly like iTunes, and Media Monkey is much much more responsive than iTunes. It uses less memory, and doesn't constantly try contacting a store, like iTunes either. The main reason so many people switched to MediaMonkey si that it does everything iTunes does (aside from the purchasing), in an easy to use, lower-bloat package.

It's interface is laid out exactly like iTunes, and Media Monkey is much much more responsive than iTunes. It uses less memory, and doesn't constantly try contacting a store, like iTunes either. The main reason so many people switched to MediaMonkey si that it does everything iTunes does (aside from the purchasing), in an easy to use, lower-bloat package.

like I said, its been a long time since I used MM, ipod support was iffy back then too.

I might try it again, just to see whats updated :)

I would also recommend MediaMonkey over iTunes. It doesn't look as "slick" but I've always despised the bloat of iTunes. Blech. Also check out Songbird.

Just Rhytmbox atm, too lazy to look for an alternative at this point in time :D

I tried Media Monkey. But, it says I need Quicktime to play aac audio in an .mp4 container. I noticed this when they weren't picked up by the library scan. Foobar plays these fine and picks them up in the scanned folders no problem.

It looks like the free version of Media Monkey doesn't sync with devices like mp3 players. Since foobar does support that, that would be a bonus for the free version of Media Monkey.

I've always stuck with Winamp.
Note in the preferences that there's "simply surround" plug-in now ( just noticed it). It's quite good and turns my $50 5.1 speakers in to better-sounding $50 5.1 speakers.

Back