My DFI LP JR 790GX-M2RS experience.

Meaker

Official representative of powernotebooks.com!
Board 1: Dead

Board 2: Yay working! First thing: Replaced the NB cooler and PWM cooler, replaced with noctua tower and thermalright HR-09 type 3.

CPU: 940 Black edition running @ 3.8ghz 1.52v
Mobo: 200mhz ref clock, 2800mhz NB clock, 2000mhz HTT clock
RAM: 533mhz (1066DDR) 5-5-5-18

Going nicely so far, will be getting the replacement to the HD4850 when it comes out so expect 3D scores then. For now:

3dmark vantage CPU: 13.3k
Cinebench 10: Multi CPU 58 seconds (cant remember the score that gives)
Sisoft sandra: smidgen over 13GB/sec bandwidth and around 72ns latencies

Oh dear well I got offered a VERY good price on two powercolor HD4870 1GB cards (the non reference cooler design). Getting them today (its 1:04AM here).

BTW, 22 years old today :)

Happy Birthday! Where'd you pick up the board? Would like to try one, but can't seem to find one for the price I want (which is to say, I'm cheap)

Well I am from the UK and got them for £164.99 each from overclockers.co.uk

MY DFI LP JR 790GX-M2RS works fine. I can't be happier. Well, I guess I could be once my second one arrives in the mail in a week or so.:D

Well my second one did die actually. The third one still lives. I think even with the power off there is a potential short around the capacitors near the PCI-e slots so when you are lowering a cards metal bracket it can kill the board.

I have been very careful about leaving the board for awile with the power off before inserting cards.

With the two HD4870s it is nudging 15k on 3dmark vantage though :D

Back