My fellow Head-Fi refugees, regroup!

S-B

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I'm just curious here. How many of you guys are (were?) regular visitors of Head-Fi? Right when I needed their FS/T forum, they go down. I needs me used audiophile gear!

Oh, they pooched their servers? :)

Sorry, I had issues with the "elite" there in the past few years, and while I won't say it's Karma coming back to bite them in their stupid tight asses, well... maybe it is, who knows.

Oh, they pooched their servers? :)

Sorry, I had issues with the "elite" there in the past few years, and while I won't say it's Karma coming back to bite them in their stupid tight asses, well... maybe it is, who knows.
Yeah, there were some jerks over there, but there are people who consider themselves "elite" on practically every major forum -- here included.

same here i was waiting for some ATH-A900's
That's a shame. I don't think I can wait for the forums to come up any longer, and I desperately need some phones. Time to head down to Layton Audio, I guess.

Head-fi not being around makes it a lot harder getting info about headphones, but even without it I bought new Beyerdynamic DT-990 phones yesterday. I guess it's lucky they turned out to be fucking awesome!

I just brought up head-fi.org as I was looking for some new advice on a nice portable amp and some in-ear phones for a newbie to in-ears, and I just about cried when i saw it was down the went around google and found out it's been down for that long... wow =(

I've got some Zebra'd Darth Beyers + a misterx pimeta, so I'm good on that end. But being away from my setup and realizing my music sounds like garbage on some old akgs being powered out of my dell laptop, so it's about time I made that upgrade :p

Anyhow, as far as a900s, I know audiocubes.com sells them... and for a great price too. I believe around $175 or so? Check em out.

So? An update took this forum out once for 7 months.

:eek:

I miss headfi so, so much. Its not till its down till you realize how much of a role it has on your life, lol. There is simply no other site like it on the same scale. I didn't just read about headphones, it was my main conduit to new music. There are some very knowledgeable folks on the music forum over there, in some cases recording engineers, etc.

That being said, I have had a few issues with the "elite" as well. Especially when they went shit-crazy with the in-line advertisements in the middle of the pages. I complained on their lounge (in a thread about the advertisements) and you-know-who deleted my post. Freedom of speech is highly over rated anyway :rolleyes:

I think they are getting a little greedy, but I would probably be the same way, lol.

As for not making monthly/weekly backups, well, what is there to say? Not smart covers it, I think.

yeah I was reading up on head fi and was going to join but they are down :(

I am wanting to get something around x-mas thats great for gaming and rock.metal type music. Going to be either plugged into audigy 2zs or the onboard on my mobo or both at different times.

So far I am looking at the A700's or the 555's any thoughts ?

yeah I was reading up on head fi and was going to join but they are down :(

I am wanting to get something around x-mas thats great for gaming and rock.metal type music. Going to be either plugged into audigy 2zs or the onboard on my mobo or both at different times.

So far I am looking at the A700's or the 555's any thoughts ?

I use a pair of recabled DT880/250's Cost about $300 from a reputable non-gray market vendor and the recable to cardas was about $120ish. Sound asesome, the recable smooths out the highs and helps bring up the bass will pushing the midrange forward.

Head fi being down has probably helped my wallet quite a bit :). Though I was looking for an amp/dac deal...

There is one small problem with that.
WTF does a bunch of people crying about Head-Fi being down have to do with computer audio on THIS forum? :rolleyes:

Because alot of us frequent both forums. Not every topic has to be about [H]. Lighten up, jeez. :(

less than 24h now. soon people, the balance will be restored.

MY EYE IS TWITCHING! This means I'm either dying or suffering from headfitus, or the lack of Head-Fi for those of you who haven't studied medicine. I hope they come back up soon, because I'd really rather see it one last time before I die.

Marshall is a meany. Seriously though it will all be good someday.

If by mean, you mean someone that gets annoyed when other people demonstrate how ignorant they are:
GUILTY AS CHARGED!

Classic example of Head-fi ignorance in action-------->
"I never heard those but.........."

(the actual term I coined for that is the perpetuation of ignorance ;) )

Somone is asking for advice and is going to spend their mony on the recomendations they recieve from the other forum members....and the best most of you can do is re-hash some bullshit you read that you do not even know is accurate or not?

How about we use this thread as another example of ignorance?

If you want to "regroup" you do so by actively participating in "the other forum" in a positive manor, not by posting an off topic, against the rules thread and crying. :rolleyes:

The powers that be have been busting their humps for the last two weeks trying to resolve the problems, the least you people could do is demonstrate a little class by dealing with the outage like an adult.

MisterX said:
Classic example of Head-fi ignorance in action-------->
"I never heard those but.........."

If memory serves that use to be your sig, always loved that one. And wasn't your account X86guy or something at one time?

Oh and on an unrelated note, is that headphone amp still available, I think I want one.

Do you really think we need a sticky to tell those of us that frequent both forums that one of the two forums is down? :confused:

Dude, it was just a joke.

If you want to "regroup" you do so by actively participating in "the other forum" in a positive manor
So...what post of yours was in a positive manor?

What I find annoying is your need to be babysit everyone. If the thread bothers you, why don't you ignore it?

Perhaps you should evaluate if a user is being sarcastic before labeling them incompetent. But hey, if putting others down is your way of putting yourself up so be it. I could care less, as Headfi is now back up.

Perhaps you should evaluate if a user is being sarcastic before labeling them incompetent. But hey, if putting others down is your way of putting yourself up so be it. I could care less, as Headfi is now back up.

The keyboard and mouse is a very powerful combo. On the net, I find that people tend to act without restrictions or inhibitions because they hide behind their screens.

I dont like trouble so I try not to cross Marshall - I just learn to watch my step at times.

The keyboard and mouse is a very powerful combo. On the net, I find that people tend to act without restrictions or inhibitions because they hide behind their screens.

I don't like trouble so I try not to cross Marshall - I just learn to watch my step at times.

Good advice. Though I never intended to cross anyone. And I don't recall the word moderator next to his name. I guess some people are just more concerned over thread validation than casual conversation and discussion among friends. I definitely don't understand that point of view, but no matter: I just added him to my ignore list. Problem solved.

The site is backup but I cannot register because the image verification is still down :(

Back