My first build

Pcmatic184

n00b
hey i was wondering if any body could take a peak at my first pc build.

Case:bitfenix itx proidgy
Processor: amd a10 6800k
ram: corsaior vengance ddr3 (2x4) 8 gb
hard drive: wd blue 1 tb
power supply: 430w corsair cx430
windows 7
motherboard : msi fm2-a75ma-e35
gpu: sapphire radeon hd 7770 gb ddr5 Overclocked edition

please tell me opinions or anything else please

no not yet just the mother board and i will be getting the processor next week. what did you have in mind?

Can you still return the motherboard? I think there are better options for you on this build by going with a diffrent platform, since you will be using a dedicated GPU.

I was not sure if you said you could return the m/b or not? If not the a10-6800k will work and on to the rest....

If you answer the questions above it will real help out.

Last edited:
I am on a budget and got the board pretty cheap at microxebter for it to work best with the processor I mean maybe I can what do you have in mind?

1 gaming 2 300-500 3 houston Texas 4 processor,gpu, ram, power supply, motherboard, case , hard drive windows 5 none 6 not right away going to buy a better heat sync first so yes 7 19 inch LCD wide monitor 10 no

First and foremost, go return that motherboard. You cheated yourself out of $30 to $40 by not buying the CPU and motherboard together at Microcenter. Microcenter has a $30 to $40 off deal if you buy certain motherboards with certain CPUs. Considering your budget, you need to take advantage of that deal.

Second, that case will not work with that motherboard. Again, due to your budget, you should not spending that much on a case.

Third, please answer question 8 and 9 as best you can.

Fourth, can you increase your budget by another $100? There's no way to get everything you want with the $500 budget you've listed. Especially due to the cost of Windows 7.

Why wouldn't the case work with the setup and buying the processor is not a big issue on the money wise that's why I am buying everything one at a time anyways. What case would work best. And what case do u recommend

8:) I am buying all the parts at different times in the next month or so.
9:)far as I know that mother board has 6 Sata plugs and I was going to purchase the tb drive with Sata support

Why wouldn't the case work with the setup
The case supports only mITX motherboards. The motherboard you have now is a mATX motherboard. Different size and incompatible with one another. Not to mention it's a very horrible idea to spend $80 on a case when you have a $500 budget for the entire PC including Windows 7.
and buying the processor is not a big issue on the money wise
Huh? You have a $500 budget. $30 to $40 is a decent chunk of that. Again, you haven't answered my two questions:

1) Can you return that motherboard?
2) Can you increase your budget by another $100?

I cannot make any further recommendations until I know the answers to those questions.

I told my parent they didt care on returning it for the extra money. And yes I could go up another hundred. Also what case you had in mind that would support my mother board

I told my parent they didt care on returning it for the extra money.
What about returning it for a better part and platform? You're really shooting yourself in the foot by sticking with that motherboard.

Again, holding off on additional recommendations until the above question is answered.

No they said they said just do the original parts. But they don't know the other parts I am using so. What suggestions you have on the other parts

Damn, well that sucks.

All right, I recommend the following:
$140 - AMD A10-6800K CPU from Microcenter
$59 - Corsair CMX8GX3M1A1333C9 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
$110 - Sapphire 100358L Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB PCI-E Video Card
$67 - Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$50 - Corsair CX500 500W PSU
$43 - NZXT Source 210 Elite White with Black Front Trim ATX Case
$90 - Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit OEM
---
Total: $559 shipped plus tax

Notes:
- Now you have a larger and better bang for the buck PSU. This gives you more room for future upgrades.
- The above case actually fits the motherboard.
- Considering that you're planning on gaming and the fact that you have that MSI mobo, you should stick with the A10-6800K since it's the fastest gaming CPU available for that motherboard. However, it's still outperformed by the cheaper $125 Core i3-3245

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ok thanks for your help. What do you think is the max I can overclock the processor to on This setup

Ok thanks for your help. What do you think is the max I can overclock the processor to on This setup
Probably not very high for two reasons:
1) The motherboard you have is a budget mobo with little overclocking features.
2) You don't have a 3rd party heatsink which is needed for better overclocks.

I been looking for a better heat sink for a while seen 30-50 dollar ones just don't know which one and the motherboard has the oc genie 2 which I don't know makes a big difference or not

I been looking for a better heat sink for a while seen 30-50 dollar ones just don't know which one and the motherboard has the oc genie 2 which I don't know makes a big difference or not
You still have room in your budget. So I recommend this HSF:
$25 - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus HSF for LGA 1366 and LGA 1156

However, the OC Genie helps but not enough to overcome that motherboard's limited overclock capability.

Also, since you still have room in the budget, upgrade the video card to the faster HD 7790:
http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Computer-...e=UTF8&qid=1372741388&sr=1-5&keywords=HD+7790
On microcenter I could find a 1x8 got any other brand that works as best
Corsair, G.Skill, Kingston (make sure they're rated at 1.5V), and Crucial.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just get the parts I listed from the websites I linked to. Microcenter has pretty bad pricing on most items except for the CPU and motherboard.

Hey what is the difference between the gpu you recommend and the one I wanted? (Not trying to sound like a smart a** , just wanted to know)

Hey what is the difference between the gpu you recommend and the one I wanted? (Not trying to sound like a smart a** , just wanted to know)
Well I recommended two GPUs: The HD 7770 and the HD 7790.

The Sapphire HD 7770 I recommended earlier is a lower clocked version of the Sapphire card you chose. However, the higher clock Sapphire card was more than likely overpriced.

As for the HD 7790, it has more stream processors, more texture units, has a higher fill-rate, and higher clocked VRAM. Basically, what it's just faster than the HD 7770. $15 more for the performance increase it provides is well worth it.

Ok thanks I asked my parent about getting the cheaper stuff on amazon she said we could spend the extra money so do you have any parts you think I should switch out? And I couldn't find the ram xms series that had 1x8 you have any other suggestions for the ram? Ps sorry of I am getting on your nerves

You mean, switch out for parts from Microcenter?

I mean I getting the same parts but they are a little more expensive so if their any parts around the same price that are better i wanted to know. And I couldn't find the xms3 that had 1x8 any other suggestions?

I mean I don't mind spending the extra money at microcenter so while I spend the extra money while not get better parts

I mean I don't mind spending the extra money at microcenter so while I spend the extra money while not get better parts
Unless you're saying that you're increasing your budget to $800 AND can ditch that motherboard, just stick with was recommended earlier.
That ram will work with the motherboard correct?
It should.

Oh no staying with the mother board just wanted to know about any of the other parts should be switch. And that ram stick you recommend will work with the board

Back