My first Mod/Build - Project Kaos - *56k warning*

Kaos

[H]ard|Gawd
*edit - working on resizing pics

I posted about project Kaos awhile back and showed a sleeved power supply which ive since sold to a friend, i got a new silent purepower from TT and finally got pics taken of the whole rig and 2 more of my other workstations (theres a total of 5 i think) but i only have 3 up and running on this network as of now. so without any further ado...i show you my very first homebuilt and modded pc ever - Project Kaos -

AntecFull.jpg

This is how it looks out of the box.

SidePanel.jpg

This sidepanel took about 3 dremel bits before i realized that antec cases are tough cookies, keep in mind, this is my firt build and mod ever, switched to sawzall then to jigsaw turned out nice, i knew that the design was lacking so i picked up edge molding, still needed something...diamond plate!

Guts.jpg

Specs time;
ABIT - IC7 Mainboard
INTEL 2.4GhzC Pentium 4
Seagate 7400rpm 80 gig SATA drive
1 GB Geil pc3200 DDR 400 Mhz RAM
Radeon All In wonder 9000 - I dont play games, but i got the PCI version so that if i ever decided to start i could have a nice dual monitor setup
SIEMENS gigabit ethernet adapter
CONNEXANT 56k modem, for those hours of desperation
Stealthed Sony CD-R/w/DVD drive
Lighted Rounded EIDE cable
HDD Fan Cooler
Changed blue leds on front to RED
Painted interior and back i/o panel
Diamond plate accents

CloserGuts.jpg

Closer Shot

Stealth.jpg

that stealthed drive i mentioned

DellAntecStation.jpg

This whole workstation in its current state, the dell is on the floor

GatewayStation.jpg

The Gateway machine with the wireless AP and router and the network printer

Not shown are project afterlife and project rack server. pics coming soon.

First mod/build ever....i know the diamond accent on the inside needs attention, fixing soon. temps at 37c on stock fan and wire management alone.

let me know what you think.

I did all this back in september before i knew HF existed, but sorry for the likeness.

everyone who uses diamond plate has copied hamhouke
his mod was like 3 years ago, im too lazy to research links for it
but he was the first modder to use diamond plate for an entire case (im pretty sure)

Originally posted by DRxAndy
but he was the first modder to use diamond plate for an entire case (im pretty sure)

and he copied it from (insert name of random custom bike/truck manufacturer etc here)

;)

dosent matter as long as it looks nice :cool:

Originally posted by SarverSystems
Everyone who uses plastic, steel, or aluminum, is copying me. :rolleyes:
well shit... ok - then everyone who's using air for breathing is copying me. shall we take it further? :)

Originally posted by codeflux
well shit... ok - then everyone who's using air for breathing is copying me. shall we take it further? :)

not unless you want a "Dead Thread" or a cleanup, which i really dont feel like doing ;)

hmm...you got qute a few big red X's going there...pics aren't working.

And i love how people claim "copying" when they use a certain type of material. "Diamond Plate" doesn't make a mod unique, it's how you use it in your own way that will make your mod unique from others.

Originally posted by DRxAndy

who gives a fuck who did it first.... good grief... "oh i did it first you copied me!!!"

sound like little f**** 3rd graders...

this thread gets on topic right now or i close it...

Originally posted by FLECOM
and he copied it from (insert name of random custom bike/truck manufacturer etc here)

;)

dosent matter as long as it looks nice :cool:

Really? they built a pc case out of diamond plate sheets?
linkage?

Originally posted by ColdFusionKid
who gives a fuck who did it first.... good grief... "oh i did it first you copied me!!!"

sound like little f**** 3rd graders...

When you see a lego case, cardboard box case, or premod, the topic of copying isnt brought up because it's been done so many times its hard to tell who was the first to do it

but when its something like this (diamond plate), putting a pc in an NES, etc , theres only a few people who have done them
and whoever was the first in the community to do it, gets to claim rights for originality - yes people may have done it before, but it doesnt matter if they dont have pics, or posted it up

the only reason i clarify this, is because of codeflux's statement about being copied

if anyone can show proof of an older mod using diamond plate, they would be the one that everyone "copied"

now lets let this die, jeeze

i also have seen a sort of cubeish diamond plate mod, with an lcd in the side of it, over at bit-tech

but regardless, i havent seen the pics yet, because they all show up as red-x's and im too lazy to copy each into my browser

Kinda funny. The Antec Sonata I believe is a little thicker than the other cases that they make because it is desinged to run silent. Not sure why you swapped out the 380q trupower power supply for the TT one. Guess you wanted more Power headers?

ANyway I dunno. for a first shot is a a good deal. Kind of a pity to destroy your case like that though.

ok as promised - fixed and data recovered pics from construction

This is the side panel after i cut it, but before the plexi and the diamond plating was added
SidePanel.jpg

the changed LED fronts
LEDfront.jpg

the side with the older "real" pc power supply
WholeSystem.jpg

the whole shebang
Whole.jpe

the side after new PSU and interior painting
Guts.jpe

the side panel completed
FinSide.jpe

Diamond plated floor withred ccfl