My Klipsch died! Need speaker advice. PLEASE HELP!

djkilla

Weaksauce
My Klipsch 2.1 speakers died. What's the best speakers to buy that matches the Klipsch or better? I listen to mostly music but would like a well balanced COMPLETE system (not looking to piece together everything). Looking to spend around $230 or less. Seen a few posts about the Swan M10. Like I said, looking for sound quality comparable to my Klipsch 2.1 or better.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

I checked out the suggested speakers and really like the Swan M50W. It's a little more than I was looking to spend but if it's the best to get at that price range, then I'll order them first thing Monday morning. Couple of quick questions:

Where do I order these speakers at the best price?

Do the legs on the bottom of the sub come off (can they be unscrewed)?

**Still looking for more suggestions for a 2.1 speaker setup (Complete package) before I pull the trigger and place the order on Monday. Thanks again to everyone taking the time to help a man in need! :)

Well it looks like there were no other suggestions/advice for speakers so I went ahead and ordered the Swan M50W that '450' recommended. Thanks for your help and link to order the speakers '450'!

You might want to pull out the fuse in the klipsch sub to see if it is burnt out. Might be a 5$ fix.

Already checked the fuse. If it was the fuse, I would have no sound but I get a reverberating, throbbing heartbeat sound. Music sounds completely distorted. Funny thing is everything was playing great, then one day, I turned on the power and the speakers just died. I haven't opened it up but I'm guessing it's a capacitor that melted or broke. I've had these speakers for years and based on what I'm hearing, there's some really great speakers being made this year to buy. So I decided to get the recommended Swan M50W which I've heard will completely blow the Klipsch 2.1 speakers I have away. Looking forward to the quality in sound.

By the way, the speakers will be connected to the computer through the Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 soundcard.

There are multiple web sites on how to repair problems with the Klipsh Promedia 2.1 systems. Between the fuse and voltage regulators blowing out, they are all well documented problems. If you have basic soldiering skills and are willing to spend $5-$30 it may be less expensive to just repair the system you currently have.

Problem is I've never soldered before and wouldn't know exactly what and how to replace what's needed. I'll probably take apart the sub though and have a look. I've also got a neighbor across the street that may be able to repair it (plus he has the tools). Thanks for the reply!

Take a look at the Behringer near-field monitors. Self-powered, about the same price as the Klipsch and would sound hundreds of times better than the Promedia's 3" paper drivers.

I replaced my promedia 5.1's with swan m50w's tonight. The difference is amazing. I feel like the swan sub hits harder, the highs arent harsh, and the mids are nice and detailed. The mids do seem slightly boosted but im ok with that. They are being ran by an X-Fi Elite.

I replaced my promedia 5.1's with swan m50w's tonight. The difference is amazing. I feel like the swan sub hits harder, the highs arent harsh, and the mids are nice and detailed. The mids do seem slightly boosted but im ok with that. They are being ran by an X-Fi Elite.

I wish my Promedia's would die so I could replace it with the swan m50w's. Only heard good things about them

The sound on the M50W is great. The only negative in comparison to the Promedia is the sub doesn't go quite as low. I doubt the average user would ever notice, though.

Good thread topic since I am still using Promedia 5.1. I've never had any problems though.

Well it looks like there were no other suggestions/advice for speakers so I went ahead and ordered the Swan M50W that '450' recommended. Thanks for your help and link to order the speakers '450'!
So how do you like them?

I've got some larger studio speakers now and they sound great...but they're ridiculously huge, haha.

Back