My X-QPack SFF Submission

Mr. Baz

2[H]4U
I just recently finished my X-QPack build.

AMD 64 3200+ Venice cooled by a XP-90cu
MSI K8NGM2-NBP
1GB (2x512MB) Crucial XMS (CAS 2)
Samsung 250GB SATA 3Gb HDD
evga 7600GT cooled by a Zalman VF900-CU
Samsung DVD-RW
Mitsumi Floppy & memory card reader
Antec SmartPower 500W PSU

The showy stuff is:
neon green UV reactive cable sleeving
2 x 12" UV CCFL
Sata connector with EL wire

The case is pretty quiet. The loudest thing in the case is the 120mm case fan in the back. Even at 7v it's slightly audible. I might replace it with a different one.

Here are my temps:

Idle:
CPU: 33*C
System: 34*C
GPU: 51*C

Load
CPU: 40*C
System: 37*C
GPU: 61*C

Pics:
This shows the part of the bracket I had to dremel away in order for the fan to fit
case_small_01.jpg

Another view of the clearance after the dremel fun.
case_small_02.jpg

Here is a low-light pic of the UV lights showing off the UV sleeving. I left some of the cable fully visible in order to show off the UV lighting. You can also see some of the Sata cable here. You can also see the Zalman VF900-cu cooling the evga 7600GT.
case_small_03.jpg

Here is the other side of the case where you can see the Sata cable again. This is an early pic during the build process, so it looks slightly different now. The main point of this pic shows how massive the XP-90cu is, and how much vertical space it takes up with the 92mm fan attached to the HS.
case_small_04.jpg

Just another angle. Nothing special, again, during the build process. I'll have to take some new pictures later.
case_small_05.jpg

Here are the latest pics taken through the window of the case in low-light:
case_small_06.jpg

case_small_07.jpg

case_small_08.jpg

case_small_09.jpg

Pretty Sweet Build Man. I thought about cutting away to accomodate a Zalman 9500, but it still wouldn't work or will it?

ahah wish my rats nest looked half that clean lol v nice mate

where did u get that sata cable btw?

TheBlueChanell said:
Pretty Sweet Build Man. I thought about cutting away to accomodate a Zalman 9500, but it still wouldn't work or will it?

i thought about that too but seemed like too much work plus i don't have a dremel :)

anyway to OP, nice build, looked like you had a lot of fun putting it together. :cool:

w00ty said:
ahah wish my rats nest looked half that clean lol v nice mate

where did u get that sata cable btw?

I got the Sata cable at a local shop. I went in looking for just random stuff (never been in there) and spotted it. It looked pretty interesting, so I gave it a go.

TheBlueChanell - The Zalman has the possibility of fitting. There is actually quite a bit more room than it seems. I guess you would probably just have to do a mock-up to see what all you would have to hack up to make it fit. :cool:

The dremel just melts right through this aluminum. I actually spent more time using a fine grinding stone smoothing up all the edges.

Well. If I decide against the Qmicra, I may end up doing that. I have a dremel on handy, and If I can fit a 9500 in there, It'd save me $250 on watercooling. If I screw up my case, an UltraFly and a 7700cu would still be far more affordable than watercooling. As, I think about it more. Watercooling isn't too practical in a SFF, at least for me. I am going to be hauling it to lans, throwing it in my car. It's not worth the risk of a leak, even w/ worm dive clamps. Watercooling, has a place in a Full Tower, which is where I'l be putting it soon enough. I <3 My Dad. lol.

edit: My dad is having him build a new pc as soon as AM2 comes out. He wants to go "top of the line" So, I have about $3000 to spend on the pc and peripherals. That may seem like alot for a machine for Dad but for some reason he likes to go top of the line, and keep it for as LONG as possible. I plan on putting his PC in a Li Li v2000 or a CM Stacker830 (If AMD goes BTX) or possibly a Tj07 and watercooling that. That is good because this pc won't be moved around that often, so I'll have even less change of a leak, plus I can use a thick tubing like I like.

When I say he keeps his pc's for a long I mean a LONG time. His current setup is as follows:

Gateway 2000
Intel Pentium 1 166mhz
32mb RAM
Matrox Graphics
Audigy Sound (Not sure which model)
4gb 4200rpm HDD

All running on the safe and stable Windows 95. :rolleyes: Did I mention it can play Microsoft Bob on max settigns 4xaa/16xaf. :p

Back