NEC 26" S-IPS display comming

Any higher and you'd need dual-link DVI...so blessing to some I suppose.

I am really happy to see NEC pushing the envelope on fast IPS panels, but how about more options for the average sub-26 inch consumer? :rolleyes: Even a 1600x1200 or 1200x1024 AS-IPS model would be nice, especially one with matte screen.

Having owned for a short period of time an 24" Dell 2405 and the 20" Dell 2007fp, for me the sweet spot is the 20" I prefer the tighter pixel pitch and the monitor is just right for working. I wouldn't complain about the 20% extra pixels on the bigger screen, but they are not worth doubling the price to get IMO.

The 26" just makes chunkier pixels. I have ZERO interest to pay just for bigger pixels.

Give me an affordable 1600x1200 20" new generation S-IPS panel and then I will get excited.

extremely poor res. for a 26. For a 23 - 24, is good, for a 26, out of the question, too blur, I don't want it even if it is free

2560 is too high IMO especially playing games at native resolution.

Anyone have any more info about this monitor? I'm very interested, hope it comes out soon.

kleox64 said:
2560 is too high IMO especially playing games at native resolution.

Well, it's a bit high for gaming at native I agree, but I can't see how it's too high for anything else, it's wonderful for generl PC work....

Back