Need a second display to pair with my NEC 20wmgx2

The King of Pants

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm very happy with my NEC purchase a few years back, but I've been running into situations with increasing frequency where having a second display to the left of the NEC would be very helpful.

The new monitor would be used to:
Display video in VLC
Display/edit text documents
Display my Winamp instance
Other crap I'm sure I'll find to do with it

I have done no monitor shopping/research since buying the NEC in 2006, though I've heard the 24" version was overpriced and a bit shit. If I go with a wide screen (though I don't think I need to) again, what is my best option for a height adjustable 20" wide at the moment. It won't be my primary so glossy or non is fine.

I haven't found another monitor worthy of standing next to mine.

Also, I recommend using media player classic instead of VLC these days.

I would try to find a used 20WMGX2 in good condition for a fair price.....I'm using mine till it dies completely. I don't know if I can ever go back to using a monitor that doesn't double as a home office tv (independent of my pc with basic cable) and doesn't have a remote for all functions.:(

I haven't found another monitor worthy of standing next to mine.

Also, I recommend using media player classic instead of VLC these days.

That last line deserves some explanation, vlc plays virtually everything, what is your issue with it?

I would try to find a used 20WMGX2 in good condition for a fair price.....I'm using mine till it dies completely. I don't know if I can ever go back to using a monitor that doesn't double as a home office tv (independent of my pc with basic cable) and doesn't have a remote for all functions.:(

you should have bought mine that I sold for $125.

I recommend getting two of the same monitor.

$125? That's a steal.

Quite. It amused me that the first person who PM'ed wanted it for $120 shipped. Next PM was 2 minutes later, and bought it no further questions. Original PM person then reconsidered and "up-ped" their offer to asking (yea like $5) and shipping five minutes after the second PM. Too late. Of course the monitor was perfect.

Back