Need advice about a couple kits (pump related)

Uberbob102000

2[H]4U
I'm looking at cooling my rigs and I was wondering if the higher performance (and possibly quieter?) of this kit justified the increased cost over this one.

It seems like the newer one has a better CPU block as well as the much loved Laing D5. I will also be using this with 2 GTX 680 GPU blocks.

Thank you in advance for helping a water cooling noob!

Yes, the Extreme kit will be much better. The regular Rasa kit's pump would be prone to premature failure, especially with the added load of two GPU blocks.

I would also suggest ordering from Jab-tech. Their prices are generally better, and there's almost always a 5% coupon code floating around.

Last edited:
Haven't checked jab-tech, but there's a 5% frozencpu code as well: extreme

Ended up ordering from Jab-tech for $20 bucks cheaper but forgot fans, but since I was gonna get gentle typhoons soon anyways no big deal.

Did you get the extreme kit? Its definitely worth it over the standard kit. The Raystorm and D5 alone more than make up for the $80 difference.

The XSPC pump has one of the highest failure rates of all watercooling pumps. XSPC makes great radiators and CPU blocks, they are lackluster on their GPU blocks and their pumps are absolute garbage.

Did you get the extreme kit? Its definitely worth it over the standard kit. The Raystorm and D5 alone more than make up for the $80 difference.

The XSPC pump has one of the highest failure rates of all watercooling pumps. XSPC makes great radiators and CPU blocks, they are lackluster on their GPU blocks and their pumps are absolute garbage.

Yea, I ended up getting it cheaper not as a kit from Jab-Tech thanks to discounts. I've figured that it would be well spent because I just wasn't sure on that pump but after reading up on it decided that I wanted none of that, plus better performance? How can I say no? :D

Back